export/import From DAZ|Studio 4.8 to Bryce 7.1.

boni_m_ab7b32f625boni_m_ab7b32f625 Posts: 113
edited December 1969 in Bryce Discussion

The tutorials all refer to earlier versions of the programs and the configuration is different now. All I get is each program is launching the other and no "action" afterwords. I'm rather confused.

Comments

• Eardrum MannaEardrum Manna Posts: 31
    edited December 1969

I open up Bryce first, ( and do nothing else in Bryce but hit the Daz button --> ) than I open up Daz with the Daz Icon that's in Bryce on the top right. Than I load up a scene I already did in Daz, than hit the send to Bryce button on the left / middle of the screen. After things are loaded I close out of Daz and start messing with Bryce.

• Retro LadRetro Lad Posts: 471
    edited December 1969

Does Bryce 7.1 pro have a functioning Daz Studio import option from that Daz button in the menu?
    I seem to remember reading somewhere that the Daz Studio import option no longer works in Bryce 7.1 pro. If it does still work, then what version of Daz Studio is required?

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,071
    edited December 1969

See my answer to your post in the DAZ forum :-)

When you select all in DAZ and then click on the send to bryce button in the file menu it opens up a new version of bryce, even if there is one already open, and transfers everything to that versions window. Select all in bryce, unselecting the camera and ground plane; group that and add as content to the content menu. Go back to the original bryce with your scene; open the content menu; find your item and open it.

• Dan WhitesideDan Whiteside Posts: 499
    edited December 1969

The bridge is broken in the newest release of 4.8:
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewreply/826609/
    bottom of this post.

Earlier versions of D/S do work (at least on the Mac).

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited June 2015

As Kerya pointed out in another thread, they are aware of this.

Kerya said:
    Other:

Bryce Bridge - The bridge is currently broken. While we work on a fix you can export/Import OBJ files between both applications

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/56756/

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

As posted in the other thread :)

C**P! I just tried it with 4.8 and bridge doesn't work as has been pointed out. I use it all the time and if I had known/remembered it didn't work I wouldn't have upgraded yet. Not amused >:-(

• boni_m_ab7b32f625boni_m_ab7b32f625 Posts: 113
    edited December 1969

Fishtales said:
    As posted in the other thread :)

C**P! I just tried it with 4.8 and bridge doesn't work as has been pointed out. I use it all the time and if I had known/remembered it didn't work I wouldn't have upgraded yet. Not amused >:-(

Ah, but at least they acknowledge that they are aware and are working on it. Some folks don't do that. I am optimistic. :)
    Boni

edited December 1969

Sean Riesch came up with a lifesaving solution. Quoted from the other thread.

@Fishtales, you might still be ok. Try this: Instead of running DAZ Studio first and then sending something to Bryce, run Bryce FIRST, then send something (like a cube) to DAZ Studio so the bridge is started in the opposite direction. NOW send something from DAZ Studio back to Bryce.

It works as I have just tried it.

Thanks again Sean :-)

• Retro LadRetro Lad Posts: 471
    edited December 1969

Some time ago I downloaded the free previous version of Daz Studio. I installed it today, loaded up a "Daz format only" building model, selected it, and then used the "send to Bryce" option.
    Eureka!. It worked!
    The building model loaded up in Bryce 7 and I saved it as a Bryce file. Hurrah.

Now I can do this with all of my small collection of "daz format only" models, and use them in Bryce.

Thanks everyone for the advice and help.

• Eardrum MannaEardrum Manna Posts: 31
    edited December 1969

Wow!!! What is going on here. lol. The bridge is perfectly fine. As I mentioned on top and Fishtales also posted something from Sean Riesch.

You must first open Bryce, than open Daz with the Daz button that is in Bryce. Than you can send something From Daz to Bryce.

Having Daz open first and than hitting the Bryce button will only open up Bryce but nothing will get sent over. ( Also cause crashes )

Daz 4.8 Bridge works fine.
    Bryce 7.1 Bridge works fine.

The link between Bryce to Daz must be opened first, that's all. ( for things to work properly )

^.^ COFFEE!!!

edited December 1969

eardrummanna

Yes, but in 4.6 and 4.7 it worked directly from DAZ Studio to Bryce and open Bryce even without Bryce being opened and send the content. It would also open a second instance of Bryce if there was one open which hadn't been used from the DAZ bridge, or from the Bryce to DAZ bridge. The one opened from DAZ bridge, if left open, would always be used by the DAZ bridge for sending content until it was closed. If you tried to send more content from DAZ then a new instance of Bryce would be opened again.

I hope that makes sense :)

The problem is that it doesn't work directly from DAZ Studio 4.8. If I set up something in DAZ 4.8 and click on the send to Bryce button it opens Bryce but doesn't send anything. What you and Sean are suggesting is a work around, which works, that is the main thing. It just isn't the way I have become accustomed to working. I'm too old for change and trying to remember these new things is hard :-)