substance painter to daz metallic and roughness is missing

i can't see roughness and metalic in the texture section to update. why is that ? 

Capture.PNG
842 x 970 - 274K

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,340

Usually I'd edit the post to add the info from the title and say Please put your question in the post body and the title - Daz 3D Forums  but I am not at all sure what you are asking about - the product that includes a guide, or just generally going from Substance painter to Daz Studio?

If you are asking about the property groups shown in the Surfaces pane, the appearance of an Ambient group indicates that this is a 3Delight shader not iray at all - if you select the surface then the name of the shader applied will appear at top-left. If that is your issue, apply the Iray Uber Base shader preset.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,721

I honestly feel that those maps are not needed with DS and Iray. I would prefer a metal object have it's own material zone so that I can apply a specific metal shader rather than relying on a metallicity map. that is my biggest gripe with using SP for DAZ work, to many maps that are designed for other render engines and game engines.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,340

FSMCDesigns said:

I honestly feel that those maps are not needed with DS and Iray. I would prefer a metal object have it's own material zone so that I can apply a specific metal shader rather than relying on a metallicity map. that is my biggest gripe with using SP for DAZ work, to many maps that are designed for other render engines and game engines.

While in ideal world that would be ebst, it lacks flexibility (if the metal parts were but in a single, pre-determined position) and is not always practical even when the materials are being made by the model maker. It is certainly not an object when, as I suspect is the case here, the materials ar being made for a third-party model (and probably a fairly old one given that it currently has 3Delight materials).