Download the latest version.

Hello. I would like to download the latest version of DAZ, however. It seems to me that I can only do this with the software running. This in the past has always lead to the white screen syndrome which has meant uninstalling DAZ and then downloading a fresh copy of the program. Would someone please be kind enough to explain to me the correct way to download the latest version of DAZ without causing the white screen problem.

Thank you very much.

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 4,195

How are you trying to download it?

I am pretty certain that you can't install Daz Studio with Daz Connect.

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,505

I have never downloaded it through any software other than my browser, and now I can only download through an android tablet, I am forced to do it manually (my PC is Win7 and is internet expired).

To download manually go to the Studio download page of your product pages (accessible through  'My Account' ), and press the appropriate manual download button - one is highlighted in the attached image. Then, after making sure DS is NOT running, run the exe file (or Mac equivalent) you've just downloaded and select the directory you want it to go to. I have DS 4.10, 4.11, 4.12, 4.14 and 4.15 all installed in different named directories on the machine so I can chose the one I use. Mostly use 4.15, but I found 4.14 couldn't use some assets, so until 4.15 came out, having 4.12 available was useful. Can't go to 4.16/4.20 on my machine now, it's too old.

Downloadbutton.gif
    740 x 552 - 94K
  • Cat_DancingCat_Dancing Posts: 519

Hello Felis and Richard and Tracy. Thank you for your welcome comments and suggestions.

Felis - I normaly click on the download button that appears in the advisory note that appears when fresh upgrades are available. I have received the white screen issue on two or three occasions which has meant uninstalling and re-installing DAZ and that's a real bummer.

Richard and Tracy - Thanks for your input. Certainly gives me something to think about.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,341
    edited May 2022

The version checkeer will tell you that a new version is available and open your installer with the filters set to show the new files - you then close Daz Studio to let the installation proceed - assuming you use one of those to install normally.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • Cat_DancingCat_Dancing Posts: 519
    edited May 2022

Thank you Richard. How do I find/use the version checker please.

Post edited by Cat_Dancing on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,341

You are using it, as far as I can tell - it's what is teling you there is a new version when you start Daz Studio.