Is there an online guide to the symbols on or in things in Scene pane?

There are a lot of things that can be a (sub)part of a thing listed in the Scene pane.  If it is a more complex item, such as something with child items under it, or it is something with bones and stuff, you see different symbols for each in heirarchy under the particular object in the scene pane.  I.e. the symbol of a bone, something resembling a cube, three links of chain, etc etc.

Is there a comprehensive, pictorial guide to all of these symbols and what feature or attachment or function they're associated with?  I'm trying to track down a particular feature or function I saw used once, in a video, based on a hazily-recalled symbol that I don't think I'd particular seen before... and I'm not absolutely sure what the symbol looked like, but I think it was a square-outline with some dots in it, or something of the sort.  Or maybe I'm misremembering that.  Having a guide showing all the different, common symbols that might show up inside the Scene pane, and what they're related to, would be of help to me to track the function or feature down, but I don't even know if something like that exists.

Comments

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,885

Do any of the icons in the Create menu look familiar to you?

• I was glancing at the icons in the Create menu as I composed that.  Nope, none of them looked like the symbol I was looking for.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,341

Can you recall what the thing did or was for?

• nomad-ads_8ecd56922enomad-ads_8ecd56922e Posts: 1,933
    edited May 2022

It was something hirarcial added to a torus, and it made the hole larger and smaller without changing any of the other dimensions of the torus.  I.e, the torus didn't "plump out," so it wasn't a push modifier.  The torus now behaved like an iris-door, with the hole getting smaller and larger without the torus body getting thicker or thinner in the process, and without the outter edges changing in size either.

To put it another way, the torus became now like looking at a coin with a hole in the middle, and the hole could be dialed larger and smaller.

Post edited by nomad-ads_8ecd56922e on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,341
    edited May 2022

That isn't possible, the torus shape must change in soem way to change the size of the hole - it might have scaled, as I suggested in your other thread, in only two dimensions leaving the front/back dimension alone - in which case the tool might have been a dForm or Mesh Grabber.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,038
    edited May 2022

you can sort of browse the symbols here but honestly I think you misremembered of misinterpreted something

DAZ studio is not a modelling program

the only way to create a morphing torus is in another program like Hexagon, Blender etc

Capture.JPG
    1366 x 954 - 112K
    Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • Yeah, the guy from that video in the other thread later made a short Vimeo video for me showing how to make a Daz morph for it in Hexagon.