Looking for poseable hair that looks real in a head down pose

I've attached three images to this post. The first picture is a photograph of a real person that shows what long hair hanging down from a head looks like. Every person alive has seen this.
The second  picture shows what one of the best poseable hairs that I know of looks like when I try to make it fall with a character's head down pose.

The third picture shows what one of the best dforece hairs that I know of looks like with a head down position.

Honestly. The last two are both just terrible. I am not saying whose they are because I do not want to offend or hurt a hair designer if the results are my fault.  Undoubtedly I am using the hairs outside of their design limits. They were not designed with a head down position in mind.

Every day is a bad hair day for my Daz characters. I am looking for a hair that was designed to support a full fall-over when the character is an a head down pose. The result should be smooth and uniform with no unnatural kinks or gaps and adjustable to prevent intersections with the characters body. Dforce hair is, as far as I can tell, completely undocumented. There is no documentation that I have been able to find that explains what its various parameters do. I am about ready to give up on it.

I will appreciate any suggestions you have.

86568398-young-woman-hanging-her-hair-down-in-front-of-her-face.jpg.jpg
650 x 650 - 237K
bad hair 1.png
1024 x 1024 - 1M
bad hair 2.png
1024 x 1024 - 739K

Comments