Items that won't install - getting worse.

Griffin AvidGriffin Avid Posts: 3,758

So now many items are starting to show th picture frame with the pyramid and exclamition point in the middle.

Smart Connect Install doesn't work.

DIM install doesn't work.

Manual drag and drop doesn't work.
DazCentral doesn't work.

Has there been some new development that I am unaware of in Dazland?

Today's item is 1950s truck. (I grabbed three trucks today and only 1 of the 3 install [insert sad face])

https://www.daz3d.com/military-1050-truck-and-troop-transport

2022-05-19 20:24:55.552 [INFO] :: Begin asset load (merge): /Vehicles/Mely3D/Military truck/Troop transport/MT Troop transport for truck 1050.duf

2022-05-19 20:24:55.552 [INFO] :: D:/2022My DAZ 3D Library/Applications/Data/DAZ 3D/My DAZ 3D Library/data/cloud/1_53167/vehicles/mely3d/military truck/troop transport/mt troop transport for truck 1050.duf (1,1): Syntax error - expected '{' or '['

2022-05-19 20:24:55.553 [INFO] :: Error loading asset: D:/2022My DAZ 3D Library/Applications/Data/DAZ 3D/My DAZ 3D Library/data/cloud/1_53167/vehicles/mely3d/military truck/troop transport/mt troop transport for truck 1050.duf

2022-05-19 20:24:55.553 [INFO] :: Operation failed

------------------

And now it's too many items to open a ticket for each one.

What happened? New update? Cloud flare?

Capture_Truck1930s.JPG
435 x 418 - 36K
Post edited by Griffin Avid on

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,860
    If you install a product with Daz Connect, every other installation (DIM, Daz Central, manual) will be completely ignored by Daz Studio. You must uninstall with Daz Connect before installing with any other method. Using Daz Connect is asking for trouble in my opinion. I gave up on it and use only DIM. I NEVER log in inside Daz Studio. Everything works.
  • Griffin AvidGriffin Avid Posts: 3,758

I can't believe a day came where I would buy a  product in the Daz Store. Need to Open it in Blender and Export it back into Daz - with zero functionality.

Going to give that a shot.

Bless you sir, that did it.

I uninstalled in Smart Content

Uninstalled in Daz Install Manager.

Refreshed back inside Daz Studio to make sure it was gone.

Installed in DIM and it works- sheesh.......

I have A TON of items that started doing this.

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,438
    edited May 2022

The Connect version appears to be corrupt or truncated, probably due to bad decryption. The "Syntax error - expected '{' or '[' " is a dead giveaway that the file is incomplete. As Barbult says, it doesn't matter what other installation method you use. the (bad) Connect version will always get precedence.

Post edited by NorthOf45 on
    Good to hear you got it straightened out! (I'm female, so not "sir".)

Sorry, I had no idea. 

Yeah, I gotta do this to a whole bunch of products and add this to my Tips and Tricks document.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013
    edited May 2022

You will make yourself a huge favor if you stop logging in to DS.

Set your Startup options as in the attachment

StartUp.jpg
    522 x 244 - 14K
    Post edited by PerttiA on

Griffin Avid said:

Sorry, I had no idea.

No problem. I'm used to it. laugh

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,341

Please do open tickets to report the products that have issues though.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,341

Apparently this could also be related to path lengths - if using Windows and the absolute path to the isntalled files (the Daz Connect Data Directory plus the /dtata/cloud/1_#####/ plus the relative path within the content directory) exceeds 260 characters then it will cause issues - I certainly have a few products which persistently show they need updating, which support attributes to one or more files having an overlong path.