Render Crash : "Iray [FATAL] - API:MEMORY :: Memory allocation failed."

Hello,

When I'm trying to render a big scene with Iray, DAZ crashing with the error : "2022-05-18 23:50:41.842 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(359): Iray [FATAL] - API:MEMORY :: Memory allocation failed."

Here's my config :

• GPU : RTX 3090 Founder edition
  • RAM : 32go
  • CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core Processor 3.80 GHz
  • Mother board : tuf gaming b550-plus

I guess it's a problem of memory and I have a project to buy more RAM since I just bough a new GPU. My question is : If the problem is indeed a problem of RAM, how much RAM do I need with my configuration?

The thing is I can buy 2x16go to have 64go with my already RAM installed (for a "small price"). Will it be enough? Or should I buy 4x32go to have 128go but that would be expensive as hell? (But worth it?)

Thanks in advance for the help.

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,341

The standard advice is to have at least twice as much RAM as the GPU - so in your case 64GB - though that can still run out in some cases.

• Richard Haseltine said:

The standard advice is to have at least twice as much RAM as the GPU - so in your case 64GB - thouI gh that can still run out in some cases.

I see. I think I'll go for another 2x16go so I'll have 64go. I hope it will be enough! Thanks