David and Horo's Store Deals

Fencepost52Fencepost52 Posts: 493
edited December 1969 in Bryce Discussion

The DAZ Store has 48% off all of its items as part of the release of the new DAZStudio 4.8 release. This includes David's store (http://www.daz3d.com/david-brinnen) and Horo's store (http://www.daz3d.com/horo), as well as an even better discount on Bryce itself (http://www.daz3d.com/bryce-7-pro).

Stop by and pick up some goodies. ;-)

*Disclaimer: This message was provided as a free public service announcement. I am not employed by David or Horo, nor did they request this post be made. LOL

Comments

• Retro LadRetro Lad Posts: 471
    edited June 2015

Old Brycers Unite

old_fart_brycers.jpg
    640 x 271 - 95K
    Post edited by Retro Lad on
  • CTippettsCTippetts Posts: 162
    edited December 1969

Thanks, Fencepost52!

I should go to the store more often. I also found a bunch of free stuff, like some great tutorials, and I even have some clothes for Michael, now. I also picked up some stuff for Vicky. I felt like a pig ... grabbing all the goodies I could. Well, almost. I mean, there might have been more, but, as it was, I got $367.95 worth of products for a total cost of $21.23. Shame on me! I figured as long as I had to allow googleapis through my firewall, I might as well get while I could before I lock it out again, (um, assuming google will let me, now that they got their foot through the door). Oh, and I also finally got that Bus Stop everyone else has by now. I think I'll use that in some sort of space scene. Perhaps on a future visit to the store, I'll find some stuff for Aiko, Stephanie, and The Kids. I imagine I'll have my face in some tutorials for awhile. They are always inspiring.

BTW Fencepost52, you don't need a disclaimer for helping brag about Mr. Brinnen and/or Herr Wernli. Everyone knows they are needed support for all of us.

Thanks, David and Horo! I got some jewels, MATs, and HDRIs you two did. More later. In the meantime, could one of you please explain the differences between the Bryce 7 Pro Scene Converter, and the Bryce 7 Pro Spherical Mapper. I know I'm still quite a noob, or I probably would not have had that question, but, please enlighten me.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,280
    edited December 1969

@Art - thanks, I wasn't aware of the sale.

@FlashGarcia - I know what you mean. Hard to find many supporters of the current Bryce policy.

@CTippetts - thank you. The Scene Converter transforms a scene to an angular map, a projection of equal angles over a full sphere, aspect ratio 1:1. The result looks like a light probe and if the render is saved as HDRI, it can be directly used as light probe in IBL.
    The Spherical Mapper creates a spherical panorama of the render. This is a projection that looks a bit like a world map; horizontal 360° and vertical 180°, aspect ratio 2:1. If the render is exported as HDRI, it can be directly used as light probe in IBL.
    A spherical panorama can also easily be mapped around a sphere and if the camera is set inside it, can be used as environment map (even in DS or any other 3D program). Such panoramas can be easily transformed to QTVR or Flash interactive panoramas. You find examples on my website. Go to Raytracing > Gallery 2 > Cubical.

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,071
    edited December 1969

CTippetts said:
    The Kids.

Quite a few things for The Kids at the bottom of this page for $1.03

http://www.daz3d.com/shop#order=price^-1&filtered=1

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Fishtales said:
    CTippetts said:
    The Kids.

Only if you are a PC member.

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Fishtales said:
    CTippetts said:
    The Kids.

Only if you are a PC member.

Is it! I never look to see just look at the prices :)

• SerpentSerpent Posts: 4,075
    edited December 1969

Yeah, I bought Bryce 7.1 and a pile of goodies. Bryce is FAR better for abstract art than DS is..

Fun times ahead! :cheese:

edited December 1969

Bryce is great for abstracts, and even more fun if you use curved mirrors or render inside a curved torus

edited December 1969

TroutFace said:
    Yeah, I bought Bryce 7.1 and a pile of goodies. Bryce is FAR better for abstract art than DS is..

Fun times ahead! :cheese:

Fun for sure. Bryce is very versatile - and abstracts are addictive.
    edited June 2015

Is that David Brinnen spending my purchase money on a beer in a pub? Can that be Chohole standing next to him wearing a 3D printed V4 wig?

Who is that on the right joining the dynamic duo, in the second photo?

qaut9.jpg
    640 x 480 - 83K
    qaut10.jpg
    640 x 480 - 77K
  • David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited December 1969

Is that David Brinnen spending my purchase money on a beer in a pub? Can that be Chohole standing next to him wearing a 3D printed V4 wig?

This I can answer. Spending money on beer. Yes. In a pub - not very likely, not unknown, but it does not happen often. And that is not me I don't have so much hair, at least not on the top of my head.

edited December 1969

No, not on beer, rather on wine, but not in the pub, at home. And in case you wonder, when I'm "brycing", I'm sober - well from alcohol, Bryce is enough to give me a nice trip. And no, none of the gentlemen is me, the glasses I wear are different and the hair I've pulled out recently fiddling with DS/Iray. Just to make sure, I'm neither the lady and Chohole looks more charming with her club. :lol:
  • Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited December 1969

And the guy stood behind in the first pic who has a cigarette sticking out of his mouth like my avatar does, isn't me. :cheese:

edited December 1969

and Chohole is a red head, not a blonde. I refuse to have blonde moments.

edited June 2015

Warm beer versus cold beer, which do you prefer?

Do the Swiss drink Boone's Farm wine?

Do any of you get bombed at the Octoberfest?

Any Brycer Alcoholics among you

Why is the Flash such a nosy son of a _____?

edited December 1969

I am a Bryceaholic

• GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

Nothing wrong with having a blonde moment, if you keep a straight face.

• SerpentSerpent Posts: 4,075
    edited December 1969

I was married t a redhead for 17 years, and next 2 gf after my divorce were redheads.

There appears to be such a thing as a "redhead moment", but in my experience it involves chasing someone about whilst waving something sharp! :ahhh:

I recommend locking yourself in the bathroom, that always worked for me... :blank:

Mmmm flames in Bryce, very nice! :snake:

edited December 1969

Redheads are just blondes with attitude :lol:

edited December 1969

I don't have attitude, so now say sorry for that remark or I shall donk you one with my trusty club. :coolgrin:

edited December 1969

I'm white haired, used to be blond, but attitude matures with age not hair colour :coolsmile:

I'm not called Grumpy Grandad for nothing :lol:

edited June 2015

Well yes I should really have said I used to be a redhead. My motto is "Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional" My son even sent me a bookmark with that on, has a photo of a grandma playing hopscotch. :coolsmirk: And as it's pink I guess my grandaughter picked it out. She's a pinkaholic.

Here she is with her Dad, at his graduation ceremony when he got his BSc last year

Neil_BSc.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 1M
    Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

I have a grandson who loves pink, he keeps taking his little sisters stuff, he is only four though :-)

edited December 1969

Ah well that forgivable at 4. I remember when Neil first went into the army, Junior Leaders. They were told , on their first weekend leave, to bring some civies back with them, as they all only had the outfit they had arrived in. One proviso, no pink shirts. LOL

edited June 2015

Time for a commercial break

Here is photo of David Brinnen showing a BLONDE Brycer the name of his latest Bryce experiment. That's David's fancy computer rendering away with flashing lights.
    The first letter of each word combines together into, "Susie", so keep a watch out for David Brinnen's "SUSIE" at the Store.
    What does SUSIE do?
    Ask David to explain it.

In the second photo David is saying to the BLONDE, "really, it's a cinch, a three year old kid could do it"

kronos31.jpg
    640 x 480 - 74K
    kronos30.jpg
    640 x 480 - 35K
    edited June 2015

I find Horo's "Bryce Terrain Editor Advanced Filters" to be a very useful, stand alone program for Bryce, and well worth the money. The Tiling options alone are worth the price of the program. Year ago I almost went mad with a tiling experiment, and then gave up on it. Now it's a cinich thanks to Horo's method.

Being an old goat it make take some time before I start posting anything in the Galleries.
    I have yet another one of my grandiose ego-inflated ideas for a complicated image which will utilize both the "Bryce Terrain Editor Advanced Filters" and the "Bryce7Pro Spherical Mapper".

• Horo said it very well "You can create anything you want in Bryce if you're smart enough" Well that's not me so I buy the products! I picked up "Bryce 7 Pro Scene Converter" today and after watching the tutorial videos through a couple of times I managed to break down the work flow to open the convertor you want to use and and merge the scene file you want convert. I'd like to convert the lovley 3_Golden_light_example_3 but when I merge I get just a thin line on the render.

Is there step-by-step set of instructions for the Scene convertor I can follow so I can see which step I've missed?

Thanks

Alex - I'm not quite sure what you mean with "merge". The Scene Converter was made to render a full 360 degrees by 180 degrees panorama in one go and the result is an angular map. If 48-bit Dithering in the Render Options is disabled, you can export the rendered image as HDRI right after the render has finished. This HDRI can then be imported into the Sky Lab IBL tab and used to light another scene and also be used as backdrop. Bryce 6.1/6.3 needed the panorama in the angular map projection and this is what you get form a render having the Scene Converter in the scene. What you actually can do is create an HDRI for Bryce IBL from a render. This works also for Bryce 7.0/7.1 but the newer version can additionally handle a HDRI panorama in the spherical projection (that's what the Spherical Mapper does).

The camera in The Golden Light Example 3 is not in the centre of a scene that surrounds the complete Bryce "world", so creating a panorama may get you an unsatisfactory result. Nevertheless, it ought to work and you have to import that HDRI render into the IBL tab of the Sky Lab. From my answer you probably see that I cannot completely follow what you do and what result you expect.

• JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited May 2017

The Scene Converter - a link to it mentioned for further interest, and possible download.

Jay

Post edited by Jamahoney on