Computer Specs

Hey Folks! I've been trying my hand at daz3d for a while now. I stopped at the rendering problems. I am able to render a whole scene without characters very quickly, single characters also, but when I make a scene with 2-3 people it is already a problem. I have a laptop with a 3060 115W. My question is - could someone tell me if a powerful graphics card is enough for rendering, regardless of motherboard, processor etc. and could someone compare my graphics card to such as 2080 in a PC? Thanks and happy to hear your answers.

Comments

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013

Rendering Iray is about your GPU, the practical minimum would be an RTX card with 8GB's of VRAM.
    The general consensus amongst DAZ Studio users (here on the forums) that are rendering in Iray is, that the (desktop) RTX 3060 12GB has the best value for money, the rendering speed is about the same as the king of the hill of the previous generation (2080ti)

You also need about 3 times more RAM than your GPU has VRAM

• fooxiedfooxied Posts: 1
    edited May 2022
    PerttiA said:

Rendering Iray is about your GPU, the practical minimum would be an RTX card with 8GB's of VRAM.
    The general consensus amongst DAZ Studio users (here on the forums) that are rendering in Iray is, that the (desktop) RTX 3060 12GB has the best value for money, the rendering speed is about the same as the king of the hill of the previous generation (2080ti)

You also need about 3 times more RAM than your GPU has VRAM

This coincides with what I have learned from other users. Could you tell me roughly how much difference is there in rendering between the desktop 3060 and 3090? I have an old PC and could do a GPU, PSU and ram upgrade to it, but I have an i5 4790k in there, will this processor suffice?
    Post edited by fooxied on
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/341041/daz-studio-iray-rendering-hardware-benchmarking/p1

The 3060 results start around pg20 give or take a few, I have a 3060 12GB and though it isn't much faster than my previous 2070 Super, the 8GB VRAM on the old card was getting too small too often already.
    My renderings usually take between 10-30 minutes.

Your processor should be fine

• fooxiedfooxied Posts: 1
    Thank you for your time ans help!