Render Settings Overlapping?

Hello!

In the past few days I went almost nuclear on some issue with the render settings.
I was working on two spearate projects that has two separate enviroment and filtering (HDR in one and none in the other).

The problem that manifested is that switching between the two, I did notice that Daz, for some unknown reason to me, keep on putting the DTHDR-RuinsB-500.hdr in the "Environment Map" slot where it should stay empty.
Due to that problem I accidentally rendered twice the same picture because, ofcourse, with an HDR map that doesn't belong there, the lights were all wrong.

I made sure to save the project without the darned hdr in it. But when I open the file back, the setting is again back as previously mentioned.

It is a very big nuisance: I've to triple check the render settings all the time when I load up a picture now for fear of messing up the lights.
Is there an option, a setting or something that cause that event?

And on a second note...

Is there a way to have the render setting stay as they were when you open a project you were working on, but rever to "a default" when you start a new project?
I always have new files with the camera resolution that I set for the render and the render paramters out of wack. I always need to go in the Render tab, click default, change teh resolution every single time by hand.

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,860

Putting the default ruins HDRI back in when loading a saved scene that had deleted it, is a problem that has been around now for months. I reported it to customer service. People have complained about it in the forum. There have been numerous Daz Studio version updates since this problem was introduced (many versions in Beta), but it hasn't been fixed. I don't know a workaround. It completely ruins queued renders and probably server renders for these scenes.

• Alien AlloyAlien Alloy Posts: 181

barbult said:

Putting the default ruins HDRI back in when loading a saved scene that had deleted it, is a problem that has been around now for months. I reported it to customer service. People have complained about it in the forum. There have been numerous Daz Studio version updates since this problem was introduced (many versions in Beta), but it hasn't been fixed. I don't know a workaround. It completely ruins queued renders and probably server renders for these scenes.

Ah!
    So I'm not a complete idiot after all, just partial.

What would you suggest for the render setting not resetting to default when I open a fresh new project?
    Do I need to manually "default" them all the time, or there is an option that I completely missed?

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,860

On Edit>Preferences menu's Scene tab, there are settings you can configure for what happens on "New". I have it set to load a scene file that I previously saved with the Render Settings and camera that I like to start all new scenes with. That works for me.

• Alien AlloyAlien Alloy Posts: 181

barbult said:

On Edit>Preferences menu's Scene tab, there are settings you can configure for what happens on "New". I have it set to load a scene file that I previously saved with the Render Settings and camera that I like to start all new scenes with. That works for me.

I see

A empty scene with the default settings to begin a new project ...
    Pretty stupid that Daz doesn't have a basic option like that as default.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,341

Alien Alloy said:

barbult said:

I see

A empty scene with the default settings to begin a new project ...
    Pretty stupid that Daz doesn't have a basic option like that as default.

It does, you have to specify a start up scene only if you want something different.