Morph Loader Pro - Geometry did not match, but I did not make any changes

This is very strange. Here is what I did:

1 I added a Genesis 2 female to the scene

2 Export > OBJ

3 Edit Object > Morph Loaded Pro > Imported the OBJ file

4 I get the Geometry did not match message

There were no changes made to the geometry, so shouldn't this work? Do you guys have any ideas?

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,933

Make sure the figure is at base resolution - Parameters pane, under Mesh Resolution.

• Richard Haseltine said:

Make sure the figure is at base resolution - Parameters pane, under Mesh Resolution.

sorry to bump and old thread, but I am having similar problem. Do we need to set the subdivision to 0 or 1 in daz before exporting?

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,033

Subdivision level should be 0, you can only work on the base mesh.

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 4,779

You just need to set Resolution Level to Base, no need to set SubD Level to 0, as with Base resolotion, multi-resolution won't take any effect.

• If you lave the SubD level alone but set the Resolution Level to Base (instead of High Resolution) you don't have to reset the value (and remember what it was) later, just switch the control back to High Resolution.

• If one sends the figure over the bridge to Hexagon, it is all one 'group' -- so in the .obj file export, try unchecking 'groups' [and one also does not need mats or texture images].
    Also check that your export/import settings are a match. {Export out the figure, then import it back it. It needs to be exactly the same size as the original}

• Thanks everyone, I succeeded with genesis 8, but its not working with genesis 9? Said geometry not match

• OK i works now, just heads up for anyone else having problem, for genesis 9 to wrap set to base resolution and sub to 0, also remove eyes, eyelashes teeth 

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,162

You always have to remove any attachments before exporting. For Genesis 8 that is the eyelashes. For Genesis 9, there are several attachements.

No need to remove anything..., when OBJ Exporting, tick 'Filter Object' + select 'Primary Root' from Objects dropdown list. Again, no need to set SubD to 0, setting Resloution Level to Base is enough. 

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,162
    crosswind said:

No need to remove anything..., when OBJ Exporting, tick 'Filter Object' + select 'Primary Root' from Objects dropdown list. Again, no need to set SubD to 0, setting Resloution Level to Base is enough. 

That's one way to "remove" attachments from the exported OBJ file, if you are running a recent version of DS that has that option. It is a relatively new addition.

barbult said:

crosswind said:

That's one way to "remove" attachments from the exported OBJ file, if you are running a recent version of DS that has that option. It is a relatively new addition.

Right... from 4.12+ I remembered.

• videoninja719 said:

OK i works now, just heads up for anyone else having problem, for genesis 9 to wrap set to base resolution and sub to 0, also remove eyes, eyelashes teeth 

Thank you. Spent a good 2 hours just trying to export and then Morph Loader Pro the same file without modification. But exactly: change those params and remove the eyelashes (teeth I didn't have)

• i tryed everything but the morph scales the whole character along with the change made on blender. someone could help me with that?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,933

Then you export and import settinmgs don't match up (it's best to use one of the presets) or you are scaling in Blender or its import/export settings.