All available GPUs failed

Hello, newbie here.
 I've been using DAZ ocasionally, but recently I started to put more attention to this software and started to render more often. I've been experimenting this error many times: All available GPUs failed, I try to render a simple scene; and then a black screen in 0.10s appear as finished render. I oppened the error log and I think the problem is this sentence: All available GPUs failed

Graphic Card: 1650Super 4GB
Drivers GeForce Game Ready 512.77
RAM: 16GB
DAZStudio: V 4.20 wich runs from a SSD Disk

I have to mention that I bought third content; from RenderHub and sites like these. and "My Libarry" (the place where I save my content is placed in a m.2. I failed many times to know how to place correctly my things to be loaded, but at the end I fugured out, so the thing is: when I used DAZ very little I didint notice of this, but now that I try to learn rendering and render once per day I noticed this. When I allow the fallback CPU this error disappear but the rendering time goes to hell for a simple scene wich normally renders in 15mins. Do you know what can I do to solve this? I have to mention that sometimes I restarting DAZ solve the issue for 5/10 mins, not all times.

txt
txt
elog.txt
2M

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 4,195
    edited May 2022

You are running out of memory on the GPU.

But 4GB is very limited, as Iray is rather ressource hungry.

And Daz studio is bad at clearing GPU memory, which is why a restart can help.

If restart don't help you can try to look at character subD - the higher the more memory will be used.

Reducing texture sizes can also be very beneficial.

There is also some tools in the store that can help to reduce memory, e.g. https://www.daz3d.com/resource-saver-shaders-collection-for-iray

Edit: don't use Iray preview before rendering, as it will increase memory usage.

And dForce (strandbased) hair is also ressource heavy.

Post edited by felis on
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013

The VRAM baseload of W10+DS+Scene comes to about 3GB's and emulation of the RTX functions on a GTX card eats about 1GB of VRAM => There is nothing left to render with on a 4GB card.