Need to download windows version on a mac. Wont let me!

atetraxxatetraxx Posts: 1

Im trying to install bryce 3d on crossover/wine on my mac. I just purchased it and it says i need to install daz installer to install it that way. Problem is, the website will not allow me to download the windows version while im on a mac. Even if I click the PC version it downloads the mac version. [what is happening?].. Any one know how I can download the .exe so i can install on crossover/wine???

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,847

atetraxx said:

Im trying to install bryce 3d on crossover/wine on my mac. I just purchased it and it says i need to install daz installer to install it that way. Problem is, the website will not allow me to download the windows version while im on a mac. Even if I click the PC version it downloads the mac version. [what is happening?].. Any one know how I can download the .exe so i can install on crossover/wine???

Gonto your product library, serch Bryce Pro, download win installer from there

pic.png
    1359 x 926 - 273K
  • atetraxxatetraxx Posts: 1
    edited May 2022

If you're talking about the Install DazCentral button then, thats what I did. It just takes you to dazcentral installer page. 

Though, I did figure it out. It wont let me download the .exe if i use safari. I switched to google chrome and it let me download the windows version. 

Thanks

Edit: dazcentral doesnt seem to work through crossover on m1 mac... dang. Is there really no bryce 7 3d installer? Why do i have to use daz central?

Edit again: Thanks for everyones help. DAZ apparently mislabled the bryce installer as DAZ studio in the product library. I was able to get it working in crossover on m1 mac!

Post edited by atetraxx on
  • MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,312

Leave DazCentral alone as far as Bryce is concerned - it's only meant for Daz Studio installations.

Here's a useful thread that tells you what you need to install - note especially Horo's link to a .pdf that is the best explanation of how to install. It's for a normal installtion in Windows or Mac - hopefully you can work out from it what you need to do in "crossover/wine".

Just realized that DAZ has the files labeled incorrectly in the product library. They should probably change those. Talk about confusing. yikes.

Screen Shot 2022-05-11 at 9.58.36 AM.png
    1908 x 1624 - 403K

MelanieL said:

Leave DazCentral alone as far as Bryce is concerned - it's only meant for Daz Studio installations.

Here's a useful thread that tells you what you need to install - note especially Horo's link to a .pdf that is the best explanation of how to install. It's for a normal installtion in Windows or Mac - hopefully you can work out from it what you need to do in "crossover/wine".

Thanks, I actually figured out that the product files are named incorrectly as Das Studio and they are actually bryce7 files. yeesh. Anyways, Now there is, yet again, another problem. DAZ is not actually providing me with bryce 7. The only files available to download are the content.exe and lighting exe. I feel like im going crazy trying to install this haha.

So anyone know where I can download bryce 7? I did pay for it. 

Thanks, I finally figured it out. haha.. what a ride that was. 

Will update if im able to install via crossover.

Bryce 7 pro is oficially working on crossover on m1 mac. 

Thanks for the help everyone. I swear i'm usually very good at all this haha.