How do I fix this?

Hey everyone,

I seem to have developed a strange issue with my G8M figures...

All was working ok last night, but this morning certain poses seem to be having undesired effects on the stomach and torso of my G8M's. I've even loaded the basic dev 8.1M and it has the same issues.  I'm not that technical on the inner workings of DAZ, but I think a morph set has distorted the joints in my figure?  I could certainly be wrong, however.

I recently acquired a couple of morph sets for G8M, and have tried disabling them through TurboLoader, and when that didn't work I uninstalled them entirely.  However this has made no difference to my problem and it persists nonetheless.

Here's a couple of screenshots to show the issue I'm getting...

Firstly, the base G8.1M figure appears to load in just fine...

Next, I apply a pose that affect his torso area, and...

Next, I undo that pose, and try another...

Why is his torso now deforming in this way?  Is there any way to reset this?  As I said, the only reason I can think of is that one of the two morph sets has borked something, but one of those sets was only glutes, so can't see how it would affect his torso?  And just to confirm, both of the new morph sets have been disabled and uninstalled.  However saying that, the figure was working fine last night and the morphs were installed sometime yesterday morning iirc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  It does seem to affect any morph that has a major influence on the stomach and torso area.

Thanks for any guidance you can offer!

:)

Comments

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013

Those are usually caused by correction morphs for some specific character, but the creator has forgotten to limit them to that character => Effects any and all characters that use the same base figure (G8M in this case).

If you load the Developer version of G8M, pose it to see the problem.
    Go to the Parameters tab and enable "Show Hidden Parameters", and select "Currently used"

Which dials have a non-zero value?

• TATSU 3DTATSU 3D Posts: 224

PerttiA said:

Those are usually caused by correction morphs for some specific character, but the creator has forgotten to limit them to that character => Effects any and all characters that use the same base figure (G8M in this case).

If you load the Developer version of G8M, pose it to see the problem.
    Go to the Parameters tab and enable "Show Hidden Parameters", and select "Currently used"

Which dials have a non-zero value?

Hey, thanks for the reply!

I hadn't even considered it might be a character causing the issue.

I've followed your steps:

• opened the Parameters tab, right clicked it > preferences > 'show hidden properties'

But I cannot find any options to show only 'currently used'?  Can you tell me where exactly I would see this?  I can see the full long list of dials, but not the way to show only the ones in use.

Going through the list in the parameters tab, it appears to be caused by Shape Shift for Genesis 8 Male(s) and a couple of the dials under the 'Base' category. Even more puzzled now as I've had Shape Shift installed since it launched and never had any issues with that product?  Even more so confused as to why the base files for G8M would now be acting out?

Currently Used

CurrentlyUsed.PNG
    280 x 188 - 35K

Thanks for the clarification.

There are loads in the currently used list. Most of them are named where it isn't clear what product they're from. Is there any way to see what product a morph belings to?

I'm still using DS 4.15, so I have no personal experience, but they say the identification of a morph should be easier with DS 4.20, click at the gog-wheel attached to any dial and you may find clues in there.

You can also change values of those dials to see, which one does cause the problem.