Post-Denoiser

Hi Everyone,

I recently started using the Post-Denoiser option in Daz to get rid of a firefly issue on set of renders I was having issues with.

It removed the fireflies like a champ!

What I did notince is the image looked a little soft, smootthed out. Some of my characters skin details were slightly sofened. Ive seen this in Photoshop and do have controle in there.

My questiosn are this... Is there a way to adjust the post-denoisers strenght so I can limit its effect on the rest of the image?

Is there a render setting I can tweak to sharpen the renders?

Best Regards,

Anthony

Post edited by anthony.luigi_05ebfcd7e7 on

Comments

• reserv888reserv888 Posts: 1,140
    edited May 2022

If you run the renders long enough the results with post-denoiser and without post-denoiser will be very similar.

Post edited by reserv888 on
  • TogireTogire Posts: 408
    edited May 2022

There is no way to adjust the post denoise strength. The best solution, IMO is to increase the render size (say X2 in X and Y), to use the denoiser and to downscale after. The denoiser mostly remove one pixel dots, but it will keep 2x2 pixels dots that will be turned back to 1 pixel after downscaling.

Actually, I do not use the daz denoiser. Intel offline denoise is better IMHO and I use it after rendering and before downscaling the render. The interesting point to denoise in postwork is that you have the undenoised and the denoised pictures, and if you are not fully happy with the denoised result, you can create a composite final render with, say, 70% denoised, 30% original.

Post edited by Togire on
  • reserv888 said:

If you run the renders long enough the results with post-denoiser and without post-denoiser will be very similar.

Thank you. That's typically the case.
  • There is no way to adjust the post denoise strength. The best solution, IMO is to increase the render size (say X2 in X and Y), to use the denoiser and to downscale after. The denoiser mostly remove one pixel dots, but it will keep 2x2 pixels dots that will be turned back to 1 pixel after downscaling.

Actually, I do not use the daz denoiser. Intel offline denoise is better IMHO and I use it after rendering and before downscaling the render. The interesting point to denoise in postwork is that you have the undenoised and the denoised pictures, and if you are not fully happy with the denoised result, you can create a composite final render with, say, 70% denoised, 30% original.

I will give it a try. I used to 2x my renders before using the post noise. Forgot all about that little trick :)