How to export a piece of cloth as fbx with all existing FBM and FHM with it?

fengkanfengkan Posts: 20

Is there any shortcut to [export a piece of cloth as fbx with all existing FBM and FHM with it?] do that? Thank you, guys.

Edited for Please put your question in the post body and the title - Daz 3D Forums

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• SquishySquishy Posts: 460

export from DAZ Studio?

• fengkanfengkan Posts: 20

Squishy said:

export from DAZ Studio?

Yes 

• SquishySquishy Posts: 460

Looks like FBX format can do it but you have to specify the morphs you want exported (there may be a way to specify by wildcard, I don't know)

Squishy said:

Looks like FBX format can do it but you have to specify the morphs you want exported (there may be a way to specify by wildcard, I don't know)

Thank you, but only limited morphs can be exported in this way, most FBM and FHMs won't be exported.

I got to know one way to do that,

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/7449346/#Comment_7449346

but I have to manually apply all morphs before exporting, which is quite exhausting, so I am wondering if there is any simpler method.

• Doc AcmeDoc Acme Posts: 1,153

Just going by the screen shots, you've several things missing that you'll need to check and include.

To get the cloth and all of that to take on the morphs, you need to include the figure to bwgin with.  You will just toss that, but you have to include it to begin with.

The FBX Export Rules is minimally functional so filtering is very rudimentary.  Drag the width of that window out so you can see the list. I don't know what your importing into, but you'll want the ability to delete unneeded morphs.  Daz's export DOESN'T use a full RegEX set of rules, so to get specific to get what you need, it includes a lot you don't. And that bloats the file size.

I've tried for YEARS to get proper documentation, but you already know how that went if you've used DS for any period of time.  Otherwise why would you to need ask?  So this info is from my notes and a LOT of tests and experimentation.

See where that gets you first.

Doc Acme said:

Just going by the screen shots, you've several things missing that you'll need to check and include.

To get the cloth and all of that to take on the morphs, you need to include the figure to bwgin with.  You will just toss that, but you have to include it to begin with.

The FBX Export Rules is minimally functional so filtering is very rudimentary.  Drag the width of that window out so you can see the list. I don't know what your importing into, but you'll want the ability to delete unneeded morphs.  Daz's export DOESN'T use a full RegEX set of rules, so to get specific to get what you need, it includes a lot you don't. And that bloats the file size.

I've tried for YEARS to get proper documentation, but you already know how that went if you've used DS for any period of time.  Otherwise why would you to need ask?  So this info is from my notes and a LOT of tests and experimentation.

See where that gets you first.

Thank you, but I am not sure I know what you mean.

What I want to know is, how can I export an fbx of cloth (or a piece of glasses) with all FBMs and FHMs available in my Daz library, without applying the morphs in the first place.

• Doc AcmeDoc Acme Posts: 1,153

For your ENTIRE library, I've no idea.  Not sure if the DS FBX exporter even is capable of something like that.

Doc Acme said:

For your ENTIRE library, I've no idea.  Not sure if the DS FBX exporter even is capable of something like that.

Thank you anyway.