Import Sketchup Model to Daz - Missing textures

I used a sketchup model and imported it to daz: http://i.imgur.com/W6TE713.png

But here's what I got: http://i.imgur.com/sam2PAZ.png

Surprisingly, there's some textures underneath it. The rest are just white.
What am I missing? How do I make the rest of the texture appear?

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,054
    edited December 1969

for a sketchup model export that is actually a good result, most are much worse.
    you can delete the duplicate faces in sketchup as it has front and back ones DAZ will render both sides of a single face and the extra mesh in the same space causes funny effects. Try to reapply the textures manually under surfaces is the only real solution

• edited December 1969

What do you mean by duplicate faces?

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

Weiner said:
    What do you mean by duplicate faces?

Often times, Sketchup models export with what amounts to two copies of the mesh...layered one on top of the other. Sometimes it's not the entire mesh...mainly in areas where 'parts' are joined or intersect (no culling of hidden faces on most exports). Or because of the way the item is made, it is like a 'geoshell' is already applied...or even intentionally done so a 'double sided' object can have a different view/texture on each side (although not all that many are that detailed).

I've converted a fair number of SU models and I never assume that the textures will work and I'm prepared from the start to have to at least manually install, if not totally rework them, in DS. I've never been disappointed, yet.

• Thank you for the info here. This is something that I have spent a considerable amount of time trying to work around. Still have not figured out a way to export a Sketchup model and import it into Daz so that the textures (not just shaders) in will apply correctly. I have SU Pro and have been through every option and export file format.

Have you found a way to make this work?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.