Mark for Genesis 8 Male (73431) None of the Morph Dials do anything

How can I dig further into a .duf file to figure out why exactly the Dial does nothing?

When I try to either load the Actor duf, Load G8M and Mark Shape duf, even tried G8M then 100% the Mark shape dial, still nothing. It looks like when the Morphs do not load (unless I am the only one that has that issue infrequently??) usually you need to re-install the Starter Essential zips from your Product Library to fix this kind of issue but I have tried many things and cannot get Mark to reshape  G8M.

Comments

• hansolocambohansolocambo Posts: 649
    edited May 2022

I tried to load Mark on an empty scene, tried to apply the Mark's shape to an already loaded G8M, tried to apply Mark's shape to G8M using sliders : everything works perfectly fine.

I doubt editing a .duf files from the bundle will help you in anyway as the problem comes from something else. Not sure what though ...

Does applying Mark's materials, beard, hair, etc. work ? Is it only the shape that does nothing, or anything coming from the bundle ? Are you sure that Data and Runtime folders are in the same library as People folder ? If not, in a library folder that is loaded in Edit > Preferences > Content > Content Directory Manager ?

It sure is weird. Sorry I don't have a more pertinent idea off the top of my head :/

Post edited by hansolocambo on
  • TATSU 3DTATSU 3D Posts: 224

HyeVltg3 said:

How can I dig further into a .duf file to figure out why exactly the Dial does nothing?

When I try to either load the Actor duf, Load G8M and Mark Shape duf, even tried G8M then 100% the Mark shape dial, still nothing. It looks like when the Morphs do not load (unless I am the only one that has that issue infrequently??) usually you need to re-install the Starter Essential zips from your Product Library to fix this kind of issue but I have tried many things and cannot get Mark to reshape  G8M.

Did you by chance install Mark whilst DAZ Studio was running? I have found that when i've added a new character via DIM, the dials will show immediately but not do anything until after closing and reopening DAZ Studio. Hope this helps :)

• HyeVltg3HyeVltg3 Posts: 86
    edited May 2022

hansolocambo said:

Does applying Mark's materials, beard, hair, etc. work ? Is it only the shape that does nothing, or anything coming from the bundle ? Are you sure that Data and Runtime folders are in the same library as People folder ? If not, in a library folder that is loaded in Edit > Preferences > Content > Content Directory Manager ?

Yes, it is Only the Shapes. all other dufs work fine. just using the Shape ones do nothing in the scene. I assume too that its a Requirement of some kind, but none is listed in the ReadMe. 

TATSU 3D said:

HyeVltg3 said:

Did you by chance install Mark whilst DAZ Studio was running? I have found that when i've added a new character via DIM, the dials will show immediately but not do anything until after closing and reopening DAZ Studio. Hope this helps :)

So I have run into this many times now and even closing and opening Daz did change anything.

Since my 1st post, I have:

• Redownloaded Mark from Daz Store as Manual Zip and extracted it to DAZ Library where all my other assest work fine from (this is not my first time drag-dropping, I purchase from Rendersity as well)
    • Reinstalled the Genesis 8 Male Body Morphs - just in case!
    • Reinstalled the Genesis 8 Male Starter Essentials

attaching file showing that other body morphs working perfectly fine. 

DAZStudio_R7rv35Lfe4.png
    1557 x 721 - 393K
    Post edited by HyeVltg3 on

Hello team, is there anything I can do about this, I cannot troubleshoot this as there is not much to go on?

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013

What does your log say (Help->Troubleshooting->View Log File)?

PerttiA said:

What does your log say (Help->Troubleshooting->View Log File)?

Sorry for the delay 

txt
    txt
    log.txt

Ok, no problems there with Mark.

One thing did jump out though... You are logging in to DS.

How did you install Mark?

DIM

I also tried Manual method by going to Mark G8M's page in Product Lib and downloading from there - that was my first stop as I assumed maybe Mark was not installed when I got the Steampunk bundle.

edited May 2022

Ok, so no need to log in to DS

If you go to the Content Directory Manager, and check the path under "DAZ Connect Data", what is it?

When you have the path from "DAZ Connect Data", continue that path to \Data\Cloud\ do you have a folder named "1_73431" in there?

As you are installing your content with DIM, go to the DS Preferences->Startup and uncheck at least "Show Login Page" and "Automatically Login With Remembered Credentials" - I have all the boxes unchecked.

PathToContDirMan.jpg
    564 x 532 - 51K
    ContDirMan.jpg
    384 x 240 - 11K
    StartUp.jpg
    522 x 244 - 14K
    Post edited by PerttiA on

Yes

D:\DAZ_3D\Applications\Data\DAZ 3D\My DAZ 3D Library\data\cloud\1_73431\people\genesis 8 male\characters

explorer_NWrOYMB4mV.png
    1051 x 136 - 10K
    edited May 2022

Yes

D:\DAZ_3D\Applications\Data\DAZ 3D\My DAZ 3D Library\data\cloud\1_73431\people\genesis 8 male\characters

Ah, you cant Edit to add another attachment. Sorry.

DAZStudio_vPcE4doAMW.png
    1054 x 637 - 87K

Show us also the folders under DAZ Studio Formats and Poser Formats

You have Mark installed at least twice in two different locations because you have been logging in to DS, that may be part of the problem

edited May 2022

I hope this helps.

What exactly does Logging out of DS do? I cannot properly use Smart Content without Logging in right, so is there some alternative ?

Edit: as another step to try I set the other D:\ Library "To Top" - just in case it would do anything. So far it just cleared all the "Waiting to Install" assets I had in Smart Content.

DAZStudio_2iHodwlmkA.png
    1054 x 637 - 137K

Why do you think, you cannot use 'Smart' Content without logging in?

Logging in to DS, is only necessary if your primary (only) method of installing content is DAZ Connect within DS, otherwise logging in just creates problems.

I see two problems with your content libraries,
    - Not a good idea to have ones content library on OneDrive, in principle it does work but slowly.
    - You have specified the same path for DAZ Connect installed content and for DIM/DAZ Central/Manual installation, which may be the main cause for your problem, as that makes DAZ Connect installed content "nested" under "DAZ Studio Formats"

PerttiA said:

Logging in to DS, is only necessary if your primary (only) method of installing content is DAZ Connect within DS, otherwise logging in just creates problems.

• I was not aware this was not required? but I think its because up-till now I did not know managing the asset installation from 2-3 places would cause an issue as everytime it looks like I'm just working in the same Folder, no?

- Not a good idea to have ones content library on OneDrive, in principle it does work but slowly.
    - You have specified the same path for DAZ Connect installed content and for DIM/DAZ Central/Manual installation, which may be the main cause for your problem, as that makes DAZ Connect installed content "nested" under "DAZ Studio Formats"

• OneDrive is only for my Scene files - theres no assest installing/installed there from the size of the top level folder laugh
    • I have set DAZ Connect to "D:\DAZ_3D\Applications\Data\DAZ 3D\Content Database"
      • I noticed this created another Data folder and is now downloading all my assets again laugh -- Can I just move my contents in "D:\DAZ_3D\Applications\Data\DAZ 3D\My DAZ 3D Library\data" to the new \data\

HyeVltg3 said:

PerttiA said:

• I was not aware this was not required? but I think its because up-till now I did not know managing the asset installation from 2-3 places would cause an issue as everytime it looks like I'm just working in the same Folder, no?

• OneDrive is only for my Scene files - theres no assest installing/installed there from the size of the top level folder laugh
    • I have set DAZ Connect to "D:\DAZ_3D\Applications\Data\DAZ 3D\Content Database"
      • I noticed this created another Data folder and is now downloading all my assets again laugh -- Can I just move my contents in "D:\DAZ_3D\Applications\Data\DAZ 3D\My DAZ 3D Library\data" to the new \data\

You are not working with the same folder, as DAZ Connect does not save the files in same folder structure as DIM/DAZ Central/Manual installation does.
    Where DIM/DAZ Connect/Manual installation use the specified root of the content directory as the base for the installed files, DAZ Connect adds Data\Cloud\1_XXXXX\ to the path and uses that as the base of installation (XXXXX is the SKU number of the product)

You are still logging in to DS... Stop doing that, you are only making problems for yourself by logging in.
    In principle, you can move the files from one content directory to another, but as you have used the same path for DAZ Connect, DAZ Studio Formats and Poser Formats, the problem is in not moving the wrong files.

Set your startup options as in the attachment, put the original path back to DAZ Connect Data, close DS and start it up again without (ever again) logging in.
    Go to the 'Smart' Content, select everything and choose uninstall - This will uninstall only the DAZ Connect installed files and is the first step in getting your content library fixed.

StartUp.jpg
    522 x 244 - 14K

Thanks for all the help so far!

So think since my settings were "bad" I think it would be best if I just redid my Library.

Before I follow through with the below setup -- can I just get a confirmation that I understood the point you guys were making or I understood jack with the below attached image of my new paths. just about to move the \data\ folder to the Connect Data path (100GB+ folder) and thought I would get a second opinion before I go through with it.

Poser Content

What I am not understanding so far is, is it really necessary to separate these from the main DAZ Studio Format path ? Whenever I get anything for V4 -- its usually many folders and a ..\Runtime folder. Which I just drop into the DAZ Format location and its been populating fine when open up Poser Content Library (everything seems found, messy lib but working)

DAZStudio_hOIfqeBYxJ.png
    253 x 294 - 37K

That looks good.

DAZ Studio formats and Poser formats can use the same path, but DAZ Connect Data should have one of it's own because it doesn't use the same folder structure/file locations for saving the files.