Smoothing Modifier Weight / Mask

Swawa3DSwawa3D Posts: 231
edited May 2015 in Product Suggestions

I'm not sure if it's even possible to make as a product but here goes... I wish the smoothing modifier's effect could be applied only to specified portions of the mesh with it gradually fading off as it leads to the areas that smoothing is not desired. I would prefer to be able to control the intensity of the smoothing by painting vertex weights, similar to how the "Weight Brush Tool" currently works. Or even using a method similar to how you setup a D-Formal field might work but it would be less accurate. It could work kind of like Rigidity Maps but for mesh smoothing instead of projected morphs.

The smoothing modifier is an invaluable tool. I use it all the time to get clothes to fit when they were made for another figure, when figure morphs are not supported or when poses cause issues. The downside is that it often degrades the overall quality and detail of the clothing, especially wrinkles & fine details. There often are only a few trouble areas that need the smoothing so it would be great if I could just apply the smoothing where it is needed without degrading quality/detail where it is not needed.

Post edited by Swawa3D on

Comments

• kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited May 2015

Your request is perfectly same what I hoped too ! :-)

(I do not mean, to expect someone bring up this topic again, just hope you to know
    I really hope it !!
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/2301/P1050/#817733)

I expect if many user send official request about Smoothing modifier weight map,
    or mask or, even though just limit influence for each mesh assigned group,
    DAZ may add it in ds 5 . may not?!

OK, now I decide to send official ticket again %-P

Post edited by kitakoredaz on
  • IceEmpressIceEmpress Posts: 639
    edited December 1969

Yes, yes, yes! I need this as well for Chris Palomino's Genesis brows unless he makes a version for Genesis 2.
    Also, to fit forehead jewelry and Oskarsson's 3rd eye for Genesis over at Rendo.