Help with Transfer Utilities?

So, I'm trying to use transfer utility to essentially port a character from G8M into G8F - I'm using the method described in this thread - but whenever I do it following those exact steps, when I dial in the morphs in the G8F figure it goes all weird when trying to pose it (it's something that happens with custom morphs too when I load in a previously saved scene with custom morphs already loaded in instead of reloading them fresh when i open up the scene, but basically the way I can tell is that when I try to pose the fingers they get all curved and elongated instead of doing what they're supposed to do and you end up with spider fingers), and it does this thing where there's a hole in the outer corner of the eye and the iris mesh looks red no matter what texture I apply to it... Now, I tried to do it another way, by dialing in the G8M clone morph in the G8F figure before transfering the morphs and selecting the target item shape as "current", and when I do that, the eyes look fine (though it still has trouble posing)... but the morphs don't actually load fully, that is, when i turn the character morph dial up to 100% in the G8F it doesn't look the same as the G8M figure, but more of an inbetween the two of them (dialling it up more only makes it look weird and still not right) - is there any way I can have my cake and eat it too, by which I mean have the G8F figure look /exactly/ like the G8M one without any weird glitchy stuff happening?

Screen Shot 2022-05-02 at 14.27.50.png
376 x 334 - 158K
Screen Shot 2022-05-02 at 14.40.53.png
782 x 510 - 295K
Screen Shot 2022-05-02 at 14.43.29.png
762 x 666 - 190K

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,341

You will need to use the Adjust Rigging to Shape command (Edit>Figure>Rigging), then use ERC Freeze to link the changes to the morph.

• Thank you, that did fix the posing issue! I did figure out a way to not get the eye glitch, btw - by dialing the G8M clone morph onto the G8F figure first, then in the transfer utility window selecting the source item shape as "default" and target item shape as "current", in case anyone had this same problem and needed some input