Figure customization - where to get technical detail information?

I know how to make morphs for Gen8 and 8.1

I am working on better understanding bones, erc freeze etc. right now.

E.g. I think, I know what a JCM is (joint controll morph that reads the value of the bone bend and drives a morph automatically to create a better appearence of the bend on the fgure). But how to I create the JCM compared to the "normal" morph I create via morph loader pro.

So in general the question is where to find detailed technical documention, training about advanced figure creation?

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,341

The morph is loaded in the same way, then linked to the proeprty driving it via ERC Freeze or - for more complex cases such as a correction that is triggered by a bend and a morph together - via the Property Hierarchy pane.

• cgidesigncgidesign Posts: 442

I found a tut from SickleYield that already helped a lot.

One question though, at 14:06 when creating the first jcm she says to overwrite "deltas only" - I am trying to find information what the other option "deltas and ERC links" does and when / why to use that one? Does anybody know this or has a link to tut covering that?

Deltas only just replaces the shape, keeping any links. The second option completely rsets the morph (as you might want to do if the change was going to necessitate different joint centre or corrective morph values, though for editign purposes loading with the links in place and then using ERC Bake might be better).

edited May 2022

Sorry, wrong thread for what I just posted.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • cgidesigncgidesign Posts: 442

I think, I need to digest that information for some time. Thanks.