Mousso's Rhogue Character: Tummy Hair Geometry Messed Up

magog_a4eb71abmagog_a4eb71ab Posts: 769

[Mousso's Rhogue] This character has been out for quite a while now, and I'm wondering what's going on with the tummy hair? It doesn't look like this has ever been fixed. The geometry obviously has major issues at certain points and those areas do show up in renders. I remember encountering something similar with clothing(i.e. Archangel Bodysuit iirc) where some morphs applied to a character can cause small portions of it to stretch out in thin lines away from the character, so I loaded the G8F base without any morphs applied and added the tummy hair just to make sure it wasn't being caused by any body/head morphs. Anyone else notice this or have a suggested fix for it?

RhogueTummy1.jpg
1069 x 1019 - 135K
RhogueTummy2.jpg
1130 x 1192 - 169K
Post edited by magog_a4eb71ab on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,341

Please put the Viewport into Smooth Shaded mode if you need to show a nude figure.

I do have that character so loading a figure to test.

Just loading a base Genesis 8 Female and then the Tummy hair I don't see the issue.

• Richard Haseltine said:

Please put the Viewport into Smooth Shaded mode if you need to show a nude figure.

I do have that character so loading a figure to test.

What on earth are you talking about? The character was clothed with shorts & bra in both images, assets that are sold here in the Daz store. I can repost the image or send it to you if you would like. The tummy hair that was selected in the deleted image was being pulled down to the scene's origin 0, 0, 0, and also up into the character's head. Ok, so you determined that its not broken. Good, so now I need suggestions as to what might be causing it, which we can't fully see because you deleted the non-rendered viewport image showing what is happening to the geometry. yes

I'm sorry, it didn't look as if the second image had clothes. If it did then you are welcome to reupload it.

What plug-ins do you have, and what tools were active?

• Richard Haseltine said:

I'm sorry, it didn't look as if the second image had clothes. If it did then you are welcome to reupload it.

What plug-ins do you have, and what tools were active?

I reposted the second image. I don't believe I have any plugins such as Face Transfer, Blender, Photoshop, etc., except for dforce, if that's considered a plugin. I had the node selection tool active & the G8F figure selected when I applied the tummy hair. I used the surface selector tool to outline the fiber mesh hair in the second image to show how some points of the hair's geometry is being stretched. I experience something similar with the one Archangel outfit top when I use certain morphs on a character iirc.

Surprisingly, I did hear back from support and they were able to reproduce the bug, but they were unable to specify what it was that is causing it. I'm using DS version 4.16, so it may or may not have something to do with it if you're using a later version and not having it occur.

Sorry, yes I do see it by selecting the surface.