Renderer seemingly not using GPU

For the record, I am quite new to Daz. That being said, I'm not new to 3D rendering, but Daz's rendering has given me the most blistering headache.

My issue right now is that when rendering (set to GPU only), my task manager shows that my GPU is at 0% utilization. What's odd is that occasionally, if I just sit and watch, it will occasionally jump to 100% every now and then. My render times aren't too bad but this makes me feel like they could be faster if my GPU was at 100 the entire time. It doesn't seem to be using my CPU either, since it will stay at a pretty normal percentage with no spikes. 

Comments

• It probably is using the GPU - task manager does not, in the default mode, give useful information about CUDA activity. Go to the Performance tab, select the GPU, and click the triangle button on one of the graphs to set it to CUDA (or Compute 0 if there is no CUDA option).

• DavinaJoDavinaJo Posts: 11

I too also having a simular problem except what happens is the render happens so fast it starts and completes in matter of seconds which what it doesn't do if I also have CPU rendering also turned on in fact if I dont' have CPU rendering  turn on to render it doesn't render period, which brings me to conclude the following - That I'm having persistant problems stuff that would normally go away if the software is uninstalled  and reinstalled also I install all my programs and games to Second or Third drives to leave my primary drive for windows.

System: Cpu 4 Gen Intel 4790K, GPU GTX 1050 Ti  4Gig VRam , 32Gig Ram, ASUS Motherboard,

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013

davina.johanna_ccd206b68c said:

I too also having a simular problem except what happens is the render happens so fast it starts and completes in matter of seconds which what it doesn't do if I also have CPU rendering also turned on in fact if I dont' have CPU rendering  turn on to render it doesn't render period, which brings me to conclude the following - That I'm having persistant problems stuff that would normally go away if the software is uninstalled  and reinstalled also I install all my programs and games to Second or Third drives to leave my primary drive for windows.

System: Cpu 4 Gen Intel 4790K, GPU GTX 1050 Ti  4Gig VRam , 32Gig Ram, ASUS Motherboard,

That GPU does not have enough VRAM to render (in Iray) anything above one basic primitive.