[WIP] Slime Attack Vol.2 (Commercial)

MechasarMechasar Posts: 181

Hi there!

Five years have passed since the first Slime Attack pack. First of all, I’d like to thank all those who appreciated and still continue to enjoy the Vol.1. Now I think it’s time for Vol.2, also thanks to Daz’s technology improvements in these years. The new slimes set will come with morphs for Genesis 8 Male and Female models and dForce maps if possible (you know dForce is not so good for volumetric props), PLUS a great bonus for those who already own the Vol.1!

Yep, the Vol.2 will upgrade your Vol.1 ;)

24 poses have already been designed with their related slimes. Now, in order to show you my gratitude for the success of Vol.1, I want to let you suggest other potential poses with slimes, maybe inspired by a personal event (sketch it :D), or a movie scene, or comics, games, etc. If your suggestions will be very interesting, innovative and feasible, I can include them (3 max) in Vol.2.

In doing this, please use references and remember to not post any offensive/brutal picture. Thank you all, and stay tuned!

SlimeAttackVol2_Teaserpicture.jpg
800 x 1040 - 412K
Post edited by Mechasar on

Comments

• AnEye4ArtAnEye4Art Posts: 702
    Spider-man symbiote? Yes, please!!
  • HylasHylas Posts: 4,771

Exciting!

I'm hoping that these are going auto-follow the characters laugh

• XenomorphineXenomorphine Posts: 2,421

The first volume has to be one of my most impressive assets.

• wizard1200wizard1200 Posts: 239

Hylas said:

I'm hoping that these are going auto-follow the characters laugh

Yeah, the first set was amazing, but the lack of auto-follow made it less versatile and more difficult to use.

• jedijuddjedijudd Posts: 606

Look forward to this, I also hope for auto follow

• I bought Slime Attack Vol 1 and it's fine but I can't edit the textures to create other textures - such as metal, rock or wood. Any suggestions? Thanks Peter. 

• MechasarMechasar Posts: 181
    edited May 2022

Hi guys!

Yeah there’re great topics here, and I would try to explain my past and future choices for the slime packs. Whatever the issue, the most important thing I beg you to keep in mind is the chaotic nature of these slime models.

In the first volume I bet everything on poses and static props, I must say. But thanks to the chaotic nature of those props, even with little modifications on characters that could cause surface intersections, the slimes keep looking as slimes :) That’s the point! Also you can still add a “Smoothing Modifier” on it (Edit\Object\Geometry\Add Smoothing modifier), and your slime will try to auto-fit your character’s shape.

In the second volume I’ll put some corrective morphs where needed, the auto-fit with bones and smoother modifier, and dForce options. It’s totally up to the slimes individually, case by case and shape by shape basis. BUT all those additions still won’t allow you to completely upset the starting pose. Let me clarify that, if you start with a pose where your character is trying to strip a slime away from his face, there’s no way you can low his arms expecting the slime will follow that movement, don’t you think? So, ALL THE MODIFICATIONS TO THE BASE-POSES HAVE TO BE SMALL, because these slimes can’t be perfect clothes.

Take a look at the demo-picture below, where I added bones and smoother modifier to the old slime of Vol.1.

In #1 there’s the basic slime and pose.

In #2 and #3 her torso is bent backward and twisted, but her arms are just following her chest without any modification (great fit).

#4 her left shoulder is bent backward, the slime is stretching not so good under the arms (a lot of smoothing option is needed, still a natural shape).

#5 the left arm is twisted, the slime strands are getting an unnatural shape.

#6 her right forearm is bent, not a good shape for the strands (lot of smoothing option and maybe a morph needed).

#7 completely different pose for her arms (bad shape).

#8 a different body shape is possible, but don’t overdo it :)

So… a “wearable” slime is possible WHITIN CERTAIN LIMITS. Now you know it’s impossible to add an auto-corrective morph for every single character’s bone, but looking again at the slime strands in picture #4-5-6-7 that’s exactly where I hope the dForce system can do its job properly ;)

SlimesConcept_Demo.jpg
    1920 x 960 - 770K
    edited May 2022

northallerton said:

I bought Slime Attack Vol 1 and it's fine but I can't edit the textures to create other textures - such as metal, rock or wood. Any suggestions? Thanks Peter. 

About the possibility to edit a texture on slimes, as you know you can’t put a texture on them just because they are free of UV maps. I didn’t create any UV for them for a very good reason. As I said a slime is an extremely chaotic mesh (genus surfaces if I’m not wrong). Now, you can define the seams of the UV map automaically by using the script of your 3D software, or you can do it manually using all of your patience! But when the slimes become more and more complex as well as those in your Vol.1... and your 3d software crashes every time it tries find the best seams … trust me, there’s no human who can create a UV map for them. That’s why the slimes have not UV maps. If you try to add an UV map it’s just a total waste of energy and time, and even if you manage to create one, the result would be a complete mess due to the chaotic seam arrangement (in the picture you can see the UV seams clearly and a very bad result).

SlimeUV_Demo1.jpg
    1076 x 797 - 1M
  • wizard1200wizard1200 Posts: 239
    edited May 2022

Mechasar said:

In the second volume I’ll put some corrective morphs where needed, the auto-fit with bones and smoother modifier, and dForce options. It’s totally up to the slimes individually, case by case and shape by shape basis. BUT all those additions still won’t allow you to completely upset the starting pose. Let me clarify that, if you start with a pose where your character is trying to strip a slime away from his face, there’s no way you can low his arms expecting the slime will follow that movement, don’t you think? So, ALL THE MODIFICATIONS TO THE BASE-POSES HAVE TO BE SMALL, because these slimes can’t be perfect clothes.

The issues are not modifications to the base poses in my opinion, but using the slimes with characters with different body proportions compared to the base version of the Genesis models.

Post edited by wizard1200 on
  • HylasHylas Posts: 4,771
    edited May 2022

wizard1200 said:

The issues are not modifications to the base poses in my opinion, but using the slimes with characters with different body proportions compared to the base version of the Genesis models.

+1

I don't mind being more or less confined to the poses. The shapes are the issue.

I'd like to use the slime with muscular male characters like The Brute 8.

That's why I'm hoping Vol 2 will work basically like garments, which would allow me to use autofit.

Re the examples above, I think #7 is the only one that doesn't look great.
    The rest looks good to me, even if some details are not perfect, it's good enough for me.

Post edited by Hylas on
  • I can probably make good use of this:) A few good  Modular pieces would be a huge help. The references I have attached are not great but get the point across. Drips, webs, splats etc. Pieces we can build things upon and make our own things for the required needs. Like a modular set for games. Modular gives options. Looking forward to it this slime will go well with my images:) Would have gone well with the one I just made . Ive attached my latest image . If I had a few modular pieces I think it would have enhanced it. Pices for the tenticles or for the visor etc.

depositphotos_320170572-stock-illustration-realistic-green-slime-in-shape.jpg
    1600 x 1244 - 176K
    images.jpg
    217 x 232 - 11K
    Space Small.png
    1080 x 608 - 665K
  • FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,562

I got good use out of the first version by decimating and then dforcing them or using the dynamic plugin to get past the lack of rigging, so i am looking forward to volume 2, although I don't like that it will overwrite volume1, guess I can use a different runtime

FSMCDesigns said:

I got good use out of the first version by decimating and then dforcing them or using the dynamic plugin to get past the lack of rigging, so i am looking forward to volume 2, although I don't like that it will overwrite volume1, guess I can use a different runtime

That’s exactly the proper use of the Daz tools I was hoping you would apply on those slimes, also the addition of a “smoother modifier” would be great if I may suggest. Well done!

About Vol.2… my bad, I meant “upgrade”, not “update”. Vol.2 will absolutely not overwrite Vol.1. Just some bonuses, but I don’t want to spoil the surprise ;)

• TATSU 3DTATSU 3D Posts: 224

Is Vol 2 also going to be female only? This was the reason I never bought Vol 1. If it supports both G8F *and* G8M, it'll be an instabuy for me this time around!

• G315tG315t Posts: 20

Hey I just found this thread. When will this volume 2 be released? 

I also am interested in buying vol 1 but since it is designed for G3 I don't know if I can use it with G8? I dont have any G3 Models to use with it. 

• G315t said:

Hey I just found this thread. When will this volume 2 be released? 

I also am interested in buying vol 1 but since it is designed for G3 I don't know if I can use it with G8? I dont have any G3 Models to use with it. 

Can give no prediction yet. Good things take time :) 

• looking forward to this, any updates/pics?

• myotherworld said:

looking forward to this, any updates/pics?

Yeah, an update would be amazing! It would also be great if your new set could support G8, G8.1 and G9.

• I own vol.1 and am definitely looking forward to vol. 2!!

• PaintboxPaintbox Posts: 1,633

Let the slime attack! Yaaarrrrr!

Hi there! Thank you all for your active interest in this product. I’m very pleased. Unfortunately some health issues have forced me slow down the project, but I’ll keep working on it. Meanwhile, a personal set of half-finished projects can still allow me to release some other characters in the next months (about that, you can keep an eye on my characters thread https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/590766/mechasar-s-characters-catalog-who-s-next-commercial#latest ), and I hope you can enjoy them while you wait for the slimes. Anyway I’ll show you some pics about the volume 2 in the next days ;)

Health always comes first. Take the time you need and get well soon. :-] 

edited March 2023

Hi there! First of all, I’d like to apologize if I haven’t been in touch on this thread during the last few months. Now the bad news is, I set out to delay the Slime Attack Vol.2. Buuuuut, the good news is that an add-on for Vol.1 is almost finished (take a look at  https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/590766/mechasar-s-characters-catalog-who-s-next-commercial#latest ). This will allow you to use the previous slimes, now with rigs, on Genesis 3, 8 and 9! A little sneak-peek here below.

SAV1Addon_Preview.jpg
    1726 x 1815 - 1M
  • Thanks for the heads up. Looking forward to it

Thanks for the update, I look forward to it.

I recently used your slime in one of my projects for the RR - Alien Invasion Contest. Converted the old G3 Poses to G8 and exchanged the shader to something more translucent for the picture and also used the smoothing modifier to wrap it a bit more around the body shape. It turned out quite nice. But I realy would like to see the slime become more versatile.     

G315t said:

I recently used your slime in one of my projects for the RR - Alien Invasion Contest. Converted the old G3 Poses to G8 and exchanged the shader to something more translucent for the picture and also used the smoothing modifier to wrap it a bit more around the body shape. It turned out quite nice. But I realy would like to see the slime become more versatile.     

Well done! That’s a perfect way of using them ;)

• Mechasar said:

G315t said:

Well done! That’s a perfect way of using them ;)

How close is this to being done? 

• JediKnight2140 said:

How close is this to being done? 

The SAV2 has been delayed, but the SAV1 add-on is already available in the store

https://www.daz3d.com/mechasar-mega-add-ons-pack-1

That add-on allows you to turn your previous static slimes into wearable slimes, matchable with Genesis 3/8/9 models.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,153

I successfully decimated and dForced Slime Attack Bucket on Her (floor) in this image. I have the Mega Add-On referenced above. Octo from that add-on also appears here. This is the concluding image from a series that has Octo (the specimen) escaping from a science lab, trying to strangle Jack (Tomalin) and Richard (Haseltine), and being turned into seafood by Rob the G9 shark.

• myotherworldmyotherworld Posts: 572
    edited September 2023

As I only have Slim Attack out of all the items listed in "Mechasar Mega Add-Ons Pack 1"

I think I will pass on the full price of $58.99 or even the sale price of $29.50. would have been nice to have the updated for genesis 8 & 9

Post edited by myotherworld on