Resetting or zeroing eyes to their default shape with a morph applied?

Hey guys, is there a way to reset the shape of the eyes to the default shape while a character morph has been applied? I want to keep the rest of the character morph intact but want to change the shape of the eyes.

Comments

• rosselianirosseliani Posts: 374

After a few attempts to make some eyes neutralizer morphs I had at least a funny result...

I obviously miss something

eyes neutralizer attempt 00.jpg
    1437 x 609 - 56K
    eyes neutralizer attempt_01.jpg
    1408 x 592 - 62K
    eyes neutralizer attempt_02.jpg
    1482 x 608 - 50K
    eyes neutralizer attempt_03.jpg
    1447 x 643 - 51K
  • A neutraliser would have to be morph specific - a morph just moves each vertex along a line to a new position, mixing morphs adds those movements, so a neutraliser would have to move the same amount in the opposite direction.

It is possible to do this with a non-HD morph by exporting as OBJ with the morph applied at -1 (and no other morphing or posing), adding a dForm, weight-mapping the dFormer to include the areas you want to clear with a soft edge (so there isn't an abrupt step), and importing the negative morph through Edit>Figure>Morph Loader Pro with the Attenuate By option set to use the dFormer - but you might also need to clear or edit some JCMs or joint centre adjustments via the Property Hierarchy to avoid issues with posing the eyes or expressions.

• rosselianirosseliani Posts: 374

Richard Haseltine said:

A neutraliser would have to be morph specific - a morph just moves each vertex along a line to a new position, mixing morphs adds those movements, so a neutraliser would have to move the same amount in the opposite direction.

It is possible to do this with a non-HD morph by exporting as OBJ with the morph applied at -1 (and no other morphing or posing), adding a dForm, weight-mapping the dFormer to include the areas you want to clear with a soft edge (so there isn't an abrupt step), and importing the negative morph through Edit>Figure>Morph Loader Pro with the Attenuate By option set to use the dFormer - but you might also need to clear or edit some JCMs or joint centre adjustments via the Property Hierarchy to avoid issues with posing the eyes or expressions.

Thank you Richard!

@flipdarkfuture_d975e74177 I wish you good luck!