No option to use UltrasceneryXT?

notenoughtimenotenoughtime Posts: 23

Hi there. I recently purchased UltrasceneryXT while it was on sale, but now that it's been installed I see no way to use it. The original ultrascenery has a script that runs just fine. There is no script that I can find for UltrasceneryXT, and I couldn't find any user guide or other posts about it. There are presets, but they give an error when I try to use them. I originally installed it with Daz Connect, but I've read that can cause issues, so I tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it with DIM. This didn't change anything. How do you use this product? Am I missing something obvious?  

Edit: I'm updating this with the link to the product so that it will (hopefully) show up via the daz deals plugin. This way, if someone else has the same question, they can see the helpful advice & links given here. UltraSceneryXT - Expansive Landscape System | Daz 3D

Post edited by notenoughtime on

Comments

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,885

I have yet to use it, but I did notice an option under the Create menu, so see if you have that, and if so, give it a try. 

• From the thread where UltrasceneryXT is discussed:

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/523766/ultrasceneryxt-large-terrain-landscape-generator/p1

Go to Window -> Panes (Tabs) -> UltraSceneryXT from the Studio menu bar to open the UI

There's documentation in PDF form. UltraSceneryXT Reference Guide.pdf in the ReadMe's folder.

• Thank you!

• XT does work somewhat differently from US. You only get to see the ground surface and water before rendering, so have no idea at all where the tree or vegetation instances are. It feels a bit more hit and miss getting a decent camera view, as you can only see the full image on rendering.
  • GordigGordig Posts: 9,885

richardandtracy said:

XT does work somewhat differently from US. You only get to see the ground surface and water before rendering, so have no idea at all where the tree or vegetation instances are. It feels a bit more hit and miss getting a decent camera view, as you can only see the full image on rendering.

The proxies in regular US aren't exactly a perfect representation of the final render, either, so ultimately it's not so different.