How do I get a character to interact with a set/prop

Hi,

I have been involved with 3D software for quite a few years now but I am very new to DAZ Studios. So I have the understanding of 3D software but not the full in and outs of Daz specificaly. Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction.

I am currently working on a new scene involving a the Isla Genisis 8 figure and the preloaded "Backyard Pond" environment set. I am wanting the figure to loung on the preloaded grass but when I load the figure in and get her posed, the grass pokes up through some sections of her leg, foot amd hand. Is there a way to have the figure interact with the mesh of the grass prop so the individual blades will deform under the figure seated on top?

If I can clarify anything please let me know.

Thanks

Comments

• You could try a couple of things, assuming that the grass is not isntanced (if it is you need to repalce the instances with fresh copies of the grass props first).

• apply a dForce modifier to the grass, then Create>New dForce Weight Node and use the Node Weightmap Brush tool to limit its effect to the problem bits of grass, then move the figure up so it is above the grass at frame 0 on the Timeline, advance the Timeline and move it down, and do a simulation using the Playrange option
    • add a dForm from the Toolbar or Create menu, then again use the Node Weightmap brush to edit the Influence Weights to control which areas are affected and adjust the dForm node to move the grass blades.
  • FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,721

To answer your question, you can't get a character to interact with anything in the scene. Unlike a game engine or other app, mesh collision isn't really a thing in DS. The only real option is to apply a smoothing modifier to the item you want to deform and then set the collision. This is mainly used for clothing, but can work on other smaller items. As pointed out, the deform tool is probably your best bet, or also use the geometry editor to hide any polys that poke thru any items.

• akrembugakrembug Posts: 2

Awesome. Thank you for the responces. I will give those a go and see what I can come up with. I think one of those should work or get me close. Thankfully having a background in Blender and 3DsMax I actually understood that. I was worried that I would be a bit out of my depth asking that type of question. Ill give an upadte when I get a chance to try that out.