How do I save a h.pose to include a morph applied to the clothes

MeshitupMeshitup Posts: 126
edited December 1969 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

I can save g2m with the clothes and handles adjusted as a h.pose.
Is it also possible to apply a morph as well to the clothes when saving a h.pose.?

Ie: I select g2m with a coat loaded
I apply one of my poses to g2m
and the figure changes to the pose, the coat follows and a custom morph is applied automatically to the coat to give it a better fit.

I have been trying to edit the code in the pose file by adding in the code from a Properties Preset saved with the morph applied but I cant get it to work

Comments

• Design Anvil - Razor42Design Anvil - Razor42 Posts: 1,235
    edited December 1969

Yes it's possible, I used this technique in my Wildenlander Pose set.

In the parameter settings for the required Morph, change the TYPE section of the morph temporarily to - Modifier/Pose.
    Then save your pose out with the morph set to the required level. The data then will be retained with the pose file.

• MeshitupMeshitup Posts: 126
    edited December 1969

Thank you so so much, so simple, I have spent 3 days trying to do this. I love your work. and thanks for sharing.

edited December 1969

Ok, just one last question and then I will go and crawl back into my cubby hole.

How do I change the hand pose position on a staff from h.pose to h.pose?

Ie. First pose with the hand at the bottom,
    Second pose with the hand in the middle of the staff
    Third pose with hand changed to top of the staff.

I have tried moving the staff and saving it but it jumps around because it is parented to the hand.
    I have tried making a morph to move the staff into position.

edited December 1969

You would need to move the hand then select and then adjust the Staff accordingly using the XYZ translations without unparenting it, if I am understanding you right.

edited December 1969

Yes, works perfect, I bought your Wildenlander HD poses as a thank you.

edited May 2015

Cheers, I like your ReConX set too btw :)

Post edited by Design Anvil - Razor42 on

Yes it's possible, I used this technique in my Wildenlander Pose set.

In the parameter settings for the required Morph, change the TYPE section of the morph temporarily to - Modifier/Pose.
    Then save your pose out with the morph set to the required level. The data then will be retained with the pose file.

I have been using this technique for a number of years to add morphs into my hposes but now I cant get it to work.

Can any body tell me if it still works or is there another way to do this?

thanks

edited October 2020

To clarify, when saving a Hierarchical Pose Preset which includes the figuer and cloth, The cloth has a morph set to (Modifier/Pose) which should be included in the file but it is not???

Post edited by Meshitup on
    edited October 2020

You're right it does look like some kind of change has been made to the way hierarchical poses are saved. I suspect this was in an effort to streamline the saved file and make it easier to save without 'unwanted' morph information. Unfortunatel this method I guess was always more of a hack then a true program option. You could always submit a ticket requesting the option be formally added.

Looking at the uncompressed file it may be possible to edit the files manually to include the needed shaping/posing data, but it would take some trial and error to get right.

Post edited by Design Anvil - Razor42 on

Thanks fot checking this, I will let you know if I find a way around it plus submit a ticket.