poser autofit/conform not as good as Daz?

videoninja719videoninja719 Posts: 343
edited May 2015 in Poser Discussion

Hello.

I have a genesis 2 female character preset and genesis 2 female outfit. when I dress the outfit on g2f character preset in poser, I can see pokes everywhere. I've tried conforming it to g2f but still the same. I'm talking about the outfit that were made for g2f but putting it on other g2f character presets that I bought from Daz store.(both the outfit and the characters). So I only have this problem in poser 10, and I have to play with the character and outfit dials, until the character body is almost back to default g2f character, which isn't fun anymore.

In Daz studio so far, not only that it works without pokes, even if i apply morphs to the body, the outfit will automatically follow and adjust to the morphs applied, and using the autofit features to fit genesis 1(or V4) outfits on g2f works magically.

Is poser lacking in auto adjusting clothes or outfit, or I just have to do it manually or i'm missing some features?

Post edited by videoninja719 on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,987
    edited December 1969

Assuming you are using the DSON Importer to get the figure and clothes into Poser go to Scripts>DSON Importer>Transfer Active Morphs.

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,793
    edited December 1969

Make sure you have the latest version of the DSON Importer installed, too. However, I notice more pokethrough of tight fitting clothes such as stockings in Poser than in Studio...

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,987
    edited December 1969

The DSON Importer doesn't support the Smoothing Modifier, so there's no collision detection - if an item uses that then that could be the problem. The only fix I am aware of is to make a morph, with the Morph brush or in a modeller.

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

The DSON Importer doesn't support the Smoothing Modifier, so there's no collision detection - if an item uses that then that could be the problem. The only fix I am aware of is to make a morph, with the Morph brush or in a modeller.
    iirc..there is also the fitting room but I don't know how to use it, I only know that it can adjust clothing.
  • WandWWandW Posts: 2,793
    edited December 1969

Ahh, that explains it, Richard.

Poser 10/PP2014 has a 'Fit-to' function on the Morph Brush, but that of course requires some user intervention...

• videoninja719videoninja719 Posts: 343
    edited December 1969

thanks for the info think im getting used to poser