Recreating Hot Redheads - Hair / Face likeness

jukingeojukingeo Posts: 693
edited June 2022 in The Commons

Hello All,

I am looking to create Daz characters based on these two lovely redheads:

Aloy from the game Horizon Zero Dawn:

And Janine Melnitz from the Real Ghostbusters cartoon:

As my subject says, I am after the face likeness and the hair styles.  If anyone can point me in the right direction to what is available in the Daz store, I would be greatful.

Also a lead on the style of glasses Janine is wearing would be great! 

Thank you,

Geo

Janine.jpg
225 x 225 - 5K
Post edited by jukingeo on

Comments

• GreymomGreymom Posts: 1,104

The Vendor MarcosGAB has an Aloy Figure for G8F, sold on two sites that are not to be named here, but if you search for "Aloy by MarcosGAB" on Bing they will show up.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,584

Shinteo has also done Aloy

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,255

The hair looks like something you might find in AprilYSH's catalogue

• jukingeojukingeo Posts: 693
    edited April 2022

JOdel said:

The hair looks like something you might find in AprilYSH's catalogue

Indeed!  I think I found a couple that might work well:

https://www.daz3d.com/iselind-hair-for-genesis-3-and-8-females

And

https://www.daz3d.com/neona-hair-for-genesis-3-8-and-81-females

Both are very Aloy-ish and I could use either.  Thanks!

Now I just need a lead for Janine's hair.

@PerttiA and Greymom,

Thanks for the tip off!  Will check out!

• ioonrxoonioonrxoon Posts: 886

There's also Evelyn hair to use for Aloy https://www.daz3d.com/evelyn-hair-for-genesis-3--8-females

For the other one nothing comes to mind, maybe Aryabella hair from Renderosity. It's got morphs to make it smaller, but it's probably too curly.

• You might be able to recreate Janine's hair by kitbashing a couple of punk hairstyles together.

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,741

These will get you in the ballpark of Janine's glasses. Her necklace here. The bundle may be cheaper than both items separately.

edited June 2022

Hello All,

Sorry I have been away, but I did manage to get everything to pull off the Real Ghostbusters version of Janine and the best part was that I had everything in my Daz Library!   I used Fraser Hair style for her which is a male hairstyle, but it had the option to create a cowlick on the left side and this almost perfectly mimic's Janine's hair.

This was the result:

She came out FAR better than I expected and yes, there is at least one episode where Janine wears a bikini to work.  Even though she isn't wearing them, her glasses are on the file cabinet.

This render is from the title intro that is shown before each episode:

So she has her glasses and the necklace on here.  I have to look up the package where I had found the necklace and glasses.  They were together for certain.

Oh! Almost forgot...the last render is the Annie Potts movie version of Janine:

So yeah...I had taken the artistic liberties to "enhance" Janine and make her sexier than she actually is, but that is me having fun with Daz Studio!

Thanks again for the help!

Janine-RealGBHQ-BikiniPose.png
    2009 x 2600 - 7M
    Janine-RealGBHQ-BlueOutfit-BlowKiss.png
    2009 x 2600 - 8M
    Janine-GBHQ-SexyBackPoseFileCab.png
    2009 x 2600 - 6M
  • FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,604

Nice! What skin are you using?

edited June 2022

FSMCDesigns said:

Thank you!  I used Agma for the body and head and Claudina for the skin.  Not to toot my own horn, but the Real Ghostbusters Version (Redhead) is the best I have seen.  I especially like how the swimsuit render came out. The woman is absolutely gorgeous.

jukingeo said:

FSMCDesigns said:

Thank you!  I used Agma for the body and head and Claudina for the skin.  Not to toot my own horn, but the Real Ghostbusters Version (Redhead) is the best I have seen.  I especially like how the swimsuit render came out. The woman is absolutely gorgeous.

Thanks for the reply. Interesting, the skin in your images looks nothing like the skin in the Claudina promos

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,453

FSMCDesigns said:

jukingeo said:

FSMCDesigns said:

Thanks for the reply. Interesting, the skin in your images looks nothing like the skin in the Claudina promos

Its due to the choice of lighting, if you look closely the tiny imperfect black blemishes near the lip and cheek, match Claudina skin texture.

FirstBastion said:

FSMCDesigns said:

jukingeo said:

FSMCDesigns said:

Its due to the choice of lighting, if you look closely the tiny imperfect black blemishes near the lip and cheek, match Claudina skin texture.

yeah, I was hoping that wasn't the case since I liked the look of the skin in the posted images, oh well, i do appreciate the info though.

edited June 2022

FSMCDesigns said:

jukingeo said:

FSMCDesigns said:

As First Bastian pointed out, it is a lighting thing.  Lighting is a constant struggle in Daz Studio and frankly, it is rare that I come across a skin that is exactly like what is shown in the photo that behaves the same way under different lighting conditions.   A common problem with lighting is washing out, or smoothing over of details.  Shadows with too hard lines is another issue I run into, not always but with certain skins.   I find it annoying since I like to work with characters that have lots of skin details.  I have a tendency to create characters with muscular detailing and while some characters look to have intense details in the Texture Shaded mode, going fully Iray yeilds much reduced detailing.   However, working at the angle of the light, and catching the skin a certain way, can produce the details I am looking for.  For example, in the attached photo, I have used the Sun-Sky setting at about a 5:00pm setting coming in from the side on the character of whom is partly angled into the light.   Here, now many details can be seen, such as tiny veins.  (I should have had another light behind her to highlight her back edge a bit, but this was a very early render and I was really just starting to learn about lighting back then).

All of a sudden all the details around the sterum can be seen.  Also the tiny veins on her left temple are readily seen too.   If I would have done a more head on view with the light from the front, these details wouldn't be seen.

Getting back to Janine, particularly the render of her in the bikini.  I hadn't realized how much detail that skin could show until I just had adjusted the light a certain way.  However, in doing so, it has seemed to diminish those black spots.   Another reason for some changes in the look, is that I do play around with the surfaces settings, but not a lot.  Many times, the Translucency setting is either too high or too low.   On some of the core figures such as Alexandra and Sydney, they look NOTHING like the product photo.  The result is usually a very orange Cheeto / Trump skin color look.  I did find the culprit to be the Transmitted Color under the Surfaces tab is set so darn orange.  Setting this to a pinkish color fixes the problem.

So yeah, I have had my disappointments with some skins that just didn't look like the product photo and I had some difficulties to correct them.  There was a skin on one black female Genesis 8 figure that was so bad, it had an orange peel look and I couldn't remove the effect, nore duplicate the results of the product photo.  I ended up returning that one.

Madonna-LadyVampire-StraplessChestDetail.png
    707 x 916 - 981K
  • SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301

You might want to check out Tara 8.  The morph isn't the same, but the texture might work for you.  The scar is not hard to edit out.

Sevrin said:

You might want to check out Tara 8.  The morph isn't the same, but the texture might work for you.  The scar is not hard to edit out.

She's awesome!  I have to pick her up one day.  Thanks!  

Sevrin said:

She's awesome!  I have to pick her up one day.  Thanks!