Duplicating setups between PC's

leo04leo04 Posts: 325

Okay so I have two Pc's. An older one which has "D:\Users\Public\Documents\My DAZ 3D Library" on it. My models are looking there. 

(The PC has drive size restraints that made putting DAZ on the "C:\Drive" not an option.)

On the new PC I have a large enough drive to put it all on the "C:\Drive" so naturally I did.

When I open my models: they are on a shared drive, the DAZ on the new PC does not find all the items. I beleive this is because the models were saved on the old PC with the "D:\Users\Public\Documents\My DAZ 3D Library" folder.

Is there any way to fix this?  Basically to set the search to the "C:\Drive" folder structure? I do plan to make the original structure match the new one essentially making the installations on both match as the drive size issue has been resolved.

(I would like to keep the intallations basically as "out of the box".)

Thanks.

Post edited by leo04 on

Comments

• Saved files use relative paths - the location of the file within the content directory - not absolute, they don't care where the content directory is. Trying to figure out what the issue is will require more information about set up and errors.

• leo04leo04 Posts: 325
    edited April 2022

Initially I set up DAZ on the D:\Drive.  This was done because of the C:\'Drive constraints.  I purchased a new PC with 1TB C:\Drive, plenty of space for DAZ and all the stuff I have.

My DAZ Library is on the D:\Drive on the older PC (PC1).  My DAZ Library on the new PC (PC2) is on the C:\Drive.

I have made some changes to the PC1 C:\Drive and now have room for the My DAZ Library on C:\Drive but still have the D:\Drive copy.  Both folders are mapped in DAZ.

I can open my model on PC1 without problems or missing files.  I am pretty sure that is because I still have a  copy of My DAZ Library on PC1.on the D:\Drive.

I have my entire DAZ installation on the C:\Drive of PC2.  When I open my model on PC2 I get a missing files message. This is the primary issue.

What I want to do is change PC1 to read My DAZ Library after it is moved from the D:\Drive to the C:\Drive to match the PC2 folder structure and not get the missing files message because it sees everything at the C:\Drive folder locations.

What I suspect is the model is looking at the D:\Drive on PC1 even though I have a copy of My DAZ Library on the C:\Drive.  I have the My DAZ Library mapped on the C:Drive on PC1 atm but I also have it mapped to the C:drive on PC2.  The My DAZ Library folders are exactly the same. I used a program that allowed me to copy the folder from PC1 to PC2.  I am confident that all the files are there and are the same.

The models are on a network storage drive, not the PC's.

Post edited by leo04 on