Is there a reason I am unable to select polygons with geometry tool of G8F Shell?

Is there a reason I am unable to select polugons with geometry tool of G8F Shell?

Created a shell for GF8 figure gave shell a water shader, the character looks nice and wet, but I only need a part of the body to be wet so i hidden all the

surfaces and face groups a don't need and the rest I thought I would hide with a geometry tool, leaving only a small portion of the body looking wet.

But NO. Anything a liitle more complicated than posing and loading props into a sceme is always an Obsticle and a Struggle

Comments

• bf2011bf2011 Posts: 149

Update: Had to import remaining shell into Blender, delete the polugons/faces I don't need and import it back into daz as .obj where I was able to subdivide it and

refine it further with geometry tool, becouse now it's not a shell but a prop. It worked just fine, but still why can't Daz make things easier?

• A Geometry Shell is like an instance in that it is a live copy of the source (it differs in having its own material settings) - as such it would be a contradiction to be able to edit its mesh and separately from the source. The fix heer might have been to adjust the grouping on the soruce figure, then use that adjusted grouping to control the shell's visiblity, although an opacity map would have allowed for a smoother transition.

edited April 2022

Richard Haseltine said:

A Geometry Shell is like an instance in that it is a live copy of the source (it differs in having its own material settings) - as such it would be a contradiction to be able to edit its mesh and separately from the source. The fix heer might have been to adjust the grouping on the soruce figure, then use that adjusted grouping to control the shell's visiblity, although an opacity map would have allowed for a smoother transition.

Thank you

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • hansolocambohansolocambo Posts: 649
    edited April 2022

If you want to edit the shell's geometry, export it as obj. Import that obj. And use the Transfer Utility to conform this imported "shell" object to Genesis as you'd do with a custom made cloth. 

Edit > Object > Transfer Utility.

Now that the "shell" is rigged to the Genesis bones, as if it were a custom made cloth for example, you can apply the original shell's surface or any other surface to it. And edit its geometry to delete unwanted parts, define new surface groups, etc. 

Post edited by hansolocambo on

If you want to edit the shell's geometry, export it as obj. Import that obj. And use the Transfer Utility to conform this imported "shell" object to Genesis as you'd do with a custom made cloth. 

Edit > Object > Transfer Utility.

Now that the "shell" is rigged to the Genesis bones, as if it were a custom made cloth for example, you can apply the original shell's surface or any other surface to it. And edit its geometry to delete unwanted parts, define new surface groups, etc. 

Thank you, appreciate the advice