Quality of Life update - notifications

Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,850
edited April 2022 in The Commons

A first round of updates has been added to the account pages for opting in or out of certain messages/alerts.

Account message options.jpg
1278 x 941 - 143K
Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• This is great. The only thing missing is an alert for Flash Sales. :-)

• ColinFrenchColinFrench Posts: 635

Also missing is the order confirmation emails. I haven't received those for years (and yes, I've checked the spam folder etc).

• ColinFrench said:

Also missing is the order confirmation emails. I haven't received those for years (and yes, I've checked the spam folder etc).

That would be something to raise via a ticket, although I would imagien you have already done so. As far as I know order acknowledgements are always sent to your registered email - I would assume that is a requirement of the payment processors.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,155

I receive order confirmation emails on my account email address.

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301

Am I the only one who thinks April 1st is not a great date to be posting announcements?

• Ryuu@AMcCFRyuu@AMcCF Posts: 619
    edited September 2022

Sevrin said:

Am I the only one who thinks April 1st is not a great date to be posting announcements?

My thoughts exactly.

Post edited by Ryuu@AMcCF on
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,702

Ryuu@AMcCF said:

Sevrin said:

My thoughts exactly.

and also why is it called Quality of Life update?   

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,155

Sfariah said:

Ryuu@AMcCF said:

Sevrin said:

My thoughts exactly.

and also why is it called Quality of Life update?   

Because every time Daz updates something, it breaks and gets worse, and your quality of life takes a hit?  devil

• RHatchRHatch Posts: 49

Whomever it was that finally made it so that logging in doesn't redirect to the user profile page, you have my thanks! More websites need to know this: if I'm trying to get to a page that requires a login, or if I click login from a certain page, take me back to that page once I log in. This is basic UX 101.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

I've bought almost everything I really wanted in my Wishlist but those items don't get autopurged. Can they add a manual purge all wishlist items. Mine must be 5000 plus products long and is not practical to purge one product at a time.

• RHatch said:

Whomever it was that finally made it so that logging in doesn't redirect to the user profile page, you have my thanks! More websites need to know this: if I'm trying to get to a page that requires a login, or if I click login from a certain page, take me back to that page once I log in. This is basic UX 101.

I don't like how often it's logging me out again (it got better for a while, then worse again), but I agree this at least makes it less annoying when that happens.

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,005
    edited July 2023

Just wondering if anyone knows if a new character count limit has been established... I've noticed that posts that I've made that are several paragraphs long automatically trigger a "500 Internal Server Error" now...

Cool.

Post edited by McGyver on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,816

McGyver said:

Just wondering if anyone knows if a new character count limit has been established... I've noticed that posts that I've made that are several paragraphs long automatically trigger a "500 Internal Server Error" now...

Cool.

to be fair your posts while very entertaining are sometimes like reading War and Peace laugh

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,005

WendyLuvsCatz said:

McGyver said:

Cool.

to be fair your posts while very entertaining are sometimes like reading War and Peace laugh

But war and peace made sense.

• What would be nice is the ability to sort your Wishlist by "highest percent discount", or even highest amount off. You can sort by price, but you could still miss some expensive bundle that is on sale because it is still like $50 after the discount.

• BrashFink said:

What would be nice is the ability to sort your Wishlist by "highest percent discount", or even highest amount off. You can sort by price, but you could still miss some expensive bundle that is on sale because it is still like $50 after the discount.

That feature is available in the DAZ Deals plugin

• BrashFinkBrashFink Posts: 84
    edited November 2023

Charlie Judge said:

BrashFink said:

What would be nice is the ability to sort your Wishlist by "highest percent discount", or even highest amount off. You can sort by price, but you could still miss some expensive bundle that is on sale because it is still like $50 after the discount.

That feature is available in the DAZ Deals plugin

Yep. I noticed that the first time a month or so after posting this :-)

Post edited by BrashFink on
  • LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,173
    edited November 2023

WendyLuvsCatz said:

McGyver said:

Cool.

I started feeding them to an AI.  It died.indecision 

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on