Bend morphs for arm pose with zbrush?

Hi everyone! I am trying to make this particular pose look as natural as possible but having som issues with the arms intersecting in a unnatural way.

I have tried sending to zBrush to create my own morph, but it does not let me work on the arms independtly only the whole mesh. Does anyone know how I could mask one arm only? Or is there any bend morphs out there that would work well for this purpose?

Thank you! 

shape.jpg
852 x 914 - 78K

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 4,195
    edited April 2022

It is in my view a rather extreme pose.

But in order to create a morph, my suggestion is to zero out the character, except one arm., and create a morph on that. And when done, do the same for the other arm.

Post edited by felis on
  • SpaciousSpacious Posts: 481
    edited April 2022

It appears that you've twisted the arms much farther, and positioned the hands farther up the biceps from where a person would or could twist their arms in real life to accomplish this pose.  Maybe start by putting the shoulders farther back and twisting the shoulders more.

It could probably help a lot to take a photo or two of someone actually doing this, or get someone to take photos of you.  I can't get my hands even close to that far up the bicep in this pose, it's not a matter of flexibility, it's that human bones don't bend.

Post edited by Spacious on
  • Saxa -- SDSaxa -- SD Posts: 872
    edited April 2022

thoi said:

but it does not let me work on the arms independtly only the whole mesh. Does anyone know how I could mask one arm only? Or is there any bend morphs out there that would work well for this purpose?

quick re-edit. had to drop everything quick so post was draft before

Use DS to mask (attenuate) by whatever selection sets YOU decide to make.

Fantasy arm poses don't bother me. Opinions on that will range.

Post edited by Saxa -- SD on
  • galiengalien Posts: 137
    edited April 2022

thoi said:

Hi everyone! I am trying to make this particular pose look as natural as possible but having som issues with the arms intersecting in a unnatural way.

I have tried sending to zBrush to create my own morph, but it does not let me work on the arms independtly only the whole mesh. Does anyone know how I could mask one arm only? Or is there any bend morphs out there that would work well for this purpose?

Thank you! 

In ZBrush you can isolate the arm by setting polygroups using the "Auto Groups With UV" option, and then use the polygroups to pick the part of the mesh to work on or mask (CTRL+Shift+Left mouse click).

Post edited by galien on