What does this error mean? (Daz Studio)

I just tried opening Daz Studio trying to open up the DS software.

dazstudioerror20220331.png
679 x 462 - 17K

Comments

• RL_MediaRL_Media Posts: 339

Well, everything I could find on that error with a .dll file is that the file got corrupted and the program needs to be reinstalled. You can probably find a good copy of the dll, but if one thing got corrupted, chances are something else might have. Clean install of the whole program would seem to be the best bet.

• Why do you have applications in the OneDrive folder? If you have everything isntalled there it may simply be running out of space, or it may be that security software or the like is blocking excecutables in a documents folder.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,115

Richard Haseltine said:

Why do you have applications in the OneDrive folder? If you have everything isntalled there it may simply be running out of space, or it may be that security software or the like is blocking excecutables in a documents folder.

I think only the content is on one drive as my hard drive is small.  I can check that maybe tonight or tomorrow.  Currently I'm at the bus stop.

• AgitatedRiotAgitatedRiot Posts: 4,404

Richard Haseltine said:

Why do you have applications in the OneDrive folder? If you have everything isntalled there it may simply be running out of space, or it may be that security software or the like is blocking excecutables in a documents folder.

Great catch. Control Panel>programs and features>uninstall OneDrive. He might have installed Daz to My Documents and OneDrive backups everything in My Documents to OneDrive. I had a huge problem with OneDrive losing stuff with that file on-demand setting it uses. Besides I want all my stuff on my computer, not on some online storage of any kind.

• rosselianirosseliani Posts: 374
    edited April 2022

AgitatedRiot said:

Richard Haseltine said:

Great catch. Control Panel>programs and features>uninstall OneDrive. He might have installed Daz to My Documents and OneDrive backups everything in My Documents to OneDrive. I had a huge problem with OneDrive losing stuff with that file on-demand setting it uses. Besides I want all my stuff on my computer, not on some online storage of any kind.

Uninstall OneDrive was the best thing I did today! So easy to accidentally move some files to OneDrive Documents instead of  users Documents folder... The only online storage I use is a Dropbox where I temporarily share files when needed.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on