Question about Morph "Description"

MadHammerMadHammer Posts: 34

There is a Description field in the morph scripts, I can't seem to find how that information is displayed within DAZ. I was using it to add short notes to the morph script but I don't see how to display that info in DAZ. I hope it is just something really simple that I am overlooking.

Post edited by MadHammer on

Comments

• What do you mean by morph script?

• MadHammerMadHammer Posts: 34

If you look at any morph or .DSF file that is uncompressed, it is simply some sort of text file, there is a field under "presentation": {  that is named "description" , it usually preceeds "icon_large", other than in the file itself, where in DAZ is that description displayed?

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,886

No where, as near as I can figure out that line and the label line above it have no actual function.

• MadHammerMadHammer Posts: 34
    edited March 2022

I wondered about that 'label' variable too, as the 'label' in 'channel' is the one displayed in DAZ so why do you need two of those fields? Also I can't seem to find a difference between 'icon_large' and 'icon_small' as anywhere DAZ seems to display an image as an icon it is always 'icon_large'.

Background, the reason I ask is because I was creating a custom morph and wanted to remind myself what was required to use it, figured 'description' was the place to put the info. Thought it was going to work by hovering over the dial to see a popup. The only place there is any documentation is when DAZ discussed Presentation Editor in the Wiki and even then the info is sparse to say the least. You could assume that what is under the "presentation" : { would be something presented to me within DAZ, at least that is what I thought.

Post edited by MadHammer on
  • BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,886

I suspect that is was something they planned to implement back in the early days of DS4, but never got around to doing it.

The icons are mainly for use with the Shaping tab, any morph grouped directly under the Actor region uses the large icon, those grouped under the sub regions use the small icon (if they have an icon supplied).
    The Parameters tab just crushes both icon sizes down to really small.

• DaremoK3DaremoK3 Posts: 798
    edited March 2022

@MadHammer :

Yeah, that would be great if it worked as a hover-over description per morph.

Also, regarding the 'icon_large' vs 'icon_small'  --  What BeJaymac said...

The large icon is the default used in the Shaping/Posing tabs, and is used instead of 'icon_small' (reduced down) for the Parameters tab (though, you can create a dedicated 'icon_small' if wanted).

Parameters tab example :

From Daz3d :  "A separate Small Image may also be included, but is not necessary. If a Card Image is included, it will be resized and used automatically if there is no Small Image."

You can read more about it, along with specs to create a proper 'Card Image' here :

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/userguide/creating_content/assembling/tutorials

/custom_parameters/start

3_edit_mode.png
    503 x 491 - 233K
    Post edited by DaremoK3 on