Adding texture maps

Hi all,

For my latest project I need to get some fabric close ups. I purcased some maps from Texturing.xyz and this product from Flipped Normals https://www.daz3d.com/flippednormals-fabrics. I planed to try one then another to see which looks best. The problem is I'm not sure where to attach them. One has a normal map, but the others I have no clue. Pics attached. Any advice is most appreciated.

Comments

• FenixPhoenixFenixPhoenix Posts: 3,070

This is where you can plug them:

• Alpha / Opacity = Cutout Opacity Channel
    • Disp = Displacement Channel (set that to 1)
    • Normal = Normal Channel
    • The AO you can blend into the diffuse map via the layered image editor (blend mode multiply).
  • culannmacculannmac Posts: 48

FenixPhoenix said:

• The AO you can blend into the diffuse map via the layered image editor (blend mode multiply).

Awesome! Thanks! What about depth? Is that a bump map? I assume if I'm using a normal map I don't need it, correct?

• SpaciousSpacious Posts: 481

You may want to convert those TIF files to PNG with GIMP or Photoshop.  Last I checked there was some trouble in the Iray render engine with TIF files.

• FenixPhoenixFenixPhoenix Posts: 3,070

culannmac said:

FenixPhoenix said:

Awesome! Thanks! What about depth? Is that a bump map? I assume if I'm using a normal map I don't need it, correct?

Yeah, there's no channel to plug that in DAZ studio.

• SpaciousSpacious Posts: 481

AO maps usually work pretty well in Glossiness, or if you reverse the color, in Glossy Roughness.