Child Visibility

em53em53 Posts: 32
edited December 1969 in Daz Script Developer Discussion

Hi,
I am converting an older poser model to daz studio. I'm running into a problem (lack of knowledge) to convert the following pose file, it seems such a simple thing. I gather that I need a script to toggle visibility on and off, since I've not found a way to do it through any kind of pose. This is for an aircraft model and simply toggles the landing gear on or off. Here is the file:

version
}
number 4.01
{
actor wheelout:1
{
on
}
actor:wheelin:1
{
off
}

How can I make this work in Daz Studio?

Can someone explain (in simple terms) how to create a script to do this?

Thank you.

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,314
    edited December 1969

No need to script - just turn the visibility off on the loaded model, go to File>Save As>Properties Preset, enter a name ("Hide landing gear") and location, then in the first three tabs uncheck the include option if it's set, in the other tab check include, uncheck the root node to deselect everything, then expand the tree to get to wheelout and then Display and then Scene view and check Visible. That will give a preset setting only the visibility parameter.

• em53em53 Posts: 32
    edited December 1969

Thank you, Richard.
    It took a little effort to get it to work following your instructions, but it is working very nicely.. I had looked at the Properties Preset, but I didn't look at the Other tab and probably wouldn't have figured it out anyway.

Perhaps you should write "The Definitive Guide to DAZ Studio." You always have the answers!

Thanks again!

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,314
    edited December 1969

Ha. Unfortunately there is a world of difference between answering questions, when I know the answers, and putting together a coherent guide from the start - as I have realised every time hubris has led me to consider such a project.