Question on DS download capacity (speed) for products

I like to download items I bought by going to "Products," use Right Click and installing an item, and then entering that item information into "Categories." 

What is the DS capacity for downloading/installing items this way? 

Another way to ask this might be: can I have a number of items downloading/installing at the same time? 

And if so, is there a limit built into DS that will allow only X number of items to be installed at the same time? 

Thanks.

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,864

Are you talking about installing from inside Daz Studio (Daz Connect)? There is an install pane that will let select as many items as you want. Then it will  download and install them without any additional intervention from you. (Note: do not take this advice as a recommendation to install from inside Daz Studio (Daz Connect). It has caused me so many problems that I completely gave up on it and returned exclusively to Daz Install Manager. YMMV)

• BendinggrassBendinggrass Posts: 1,369

barbult said:

Are you talking about installing from inside Daz Studio (Daz Connect)? There is an install pane that will let select as many items as you want. Then it will  download and install them without any additional intervention from you. (Note: do not take this advice as a recommendation to install from inside Daz Studio (Daz Connect). It has caused me so many problems that I completely gave up on it and returned exclusively to Daz Install Manager. YMMV)

Yes, installing from inside DS. Thanks for your reply. 

So then there appears to be no number limit on how many can be installed at the same time. What I have installed that way seems to install slowly.

Install manager seems to be much faster also. Any idea why the difference?

• Install manager is downloading a single zip for each product, and seems to take fulladvanatge of bandwidth. Daz Studio downloads file-by-file and, because iof that or to be well-mannered, doesn't seem to flood the connection to the same degree.

Richard Haseltine said:

Install manager is downloading a single zip for each product, and seems to take fulladvanatge of bandwidth. Daz Studio downloads file-by-file and, because iof that or to be well-mannered, doesn't seem to flood the connection to the same degree.

Thanks, Richard. 

I like doing the download within DS, but yes, IM is much faster. I might have to switch to save time. 

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,885

Some products also won't install properly through Connect, which is why I stopped using it. 

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,864

Gordig said:

Some products also won't install properly through Connect, which is why I stopped using it. 

And some products that install don't work (like some scripts). And some products that install and run can't find content that was installed with Daz Connect. And Daz Connect kept downloading updates that were corrupted and broke previously working products. Those are some reasons I stopped using it. DIM doesn't have those problems.

barbult said:

Gordig said:

And some products that install don't work (like some scripts). And some products that install and run can't find content that was installed with Daz Connect. And Daz Connect kept downloading updates that were corrupted and broke previously working products. Those are some reasons I stopped using it. DIM doesn't have those problems.

I didn't know that.

Thanks for telling me.