Can't rename my Material Presets anymore (solved)

rosselianirosseliani Posts: 374

Hi there!

I made 5 new Material Presets to update a product I'm selling, and I realized that I did'nt hit my Caps key for a W letter of the preset names while saving my presets.

I thought it would be easy to rename them... but what a pain!

I used the rename utility directly from the Daz Studio interface, then saved my product as a figure asset again.

Closed Studio, restart it, and load my product again. 3 of my Preset names went with a "w" and only 2 of them had the "W" that I wanted to change!

I now spent half a day trying to rename my presets, but I can't do it anymore.

I certainly did  or do something wrong, but I can't figure out where is my problem. The names in the Windows Files Explorer are OK, and match the thumbnail and ".tip" names, Thumbnails and popup tips work fine but I'm still laid with 2 "W"s and 3 "w"s.

An idea anyone?

Rename problem_01.png
396 x 534 - 60K
Rename problem_02.png
274 x 332 - 34K
Rename problem_03.png
213 x 621 - 53K
Rename problem_05.png
386 x 417 - 39K
Rename problem_06.png
982 x 643 - 183K
Post edited by rosseliani on

Comments

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,249
    edited March 2022

Going by the images, I'm not sure why the change didn't take place.

I enable the folders to show "file types."  - picture.png will be overridden by picture.duf.png  The program makes picture.duf.png files. If we make picture.png files, they will not show unless they are the only picture file for the .duf.

eta: Just today I noticed a weird renaming scenario. It would appear that W10 may be interfering, something is, with the renaming of files. It used to work that the same word with or without capitals could be redone to the opposite, refresh the folder, and the new version took. Today I had to rename the file to something else all together, THEN I could rename it back to what I wanted with the capitals where I wanted them.

Post edited by Catherine3678ab on
  • rosselianirosseliani Posts: 374

Renaming the files to something totally different, then rename them back worked! Thanks for your help!

• You're welcome, glad it worked for you too :-)