Removing L.I.E face Scars ?

I got the L.I.E Face Scards for Gen 3/8 (L.I.E. FACE SCARS for Genesis 3 and 8 Pack 2 | Daz 3D), and i added some scars to my character.

I saved the character and left it for a bit. After coming back, i didn't like two of the scars on his face... but i cannot find a way to remove them.

I don't see a 'removal' option in my library, or in the parametres/shaping tabs.

How do i remove the scars after adding them? There is a 'Vanilla G8' option in this pack, but that did not do anything except change the skin tone of my character.

Comments

• You can reapply the materials for the character you are using, which will do a complete reset, or you can go to the Surfaces pane, the Editor tab, select the Face surface (probably), and then go through the maps that have been adjusted clicking the nano-thumbnail>Layered Inage Editor and deleting the unwanted layers.

• FenixPhoenixFenixPhoenix Posts: 3,070
    edited March 2022

Oh, I never got around to updating our old LIE products to include the script to remove the scars. You can find it attached. Select your character, ensure no surfaces are selected, and click on the script. It will remove ALL LIEs.

I'll try to issue updates on those products this week, but it may take a while for them to go live.

dsa
    dsa
    FS 00 Remove LIE Scars.dsa
    FS 00 Remove LIE Scars.png
    91 x 91 - 10K
    FS 00 Remove LIE Scars.tip.png
    250 x 250 - 20K
    Post edited by FenixPhoenix on
  • GordigGordig Posts: 9,885

Does each scar apply to a new layer, or is there a single layer for all the scars? If the former, you should be able to open the LIE editor and simply remove the layer for the scars you don't like.

• AgitatedRiotAgitatedRiot Posts: 4,404

I thought it was a GeoShell thing.

Gordig said:

Does each scar apply to a new layer, or is there a single layer for all the scars? If the former, you should be able to open the LIE editor and simply remove the layer for the scars you don't like.

In the case of this pack, each scar is a new layer. And he would need to remove them also from the translucency, spec and normal maps. So it's easiest to just use the script I attached to remove them all and start over. Or re-apply the original skin and start over.

AgitatedRiot said:

I thought it was a GeoShell thing.

No, this pack is all lie (so it applies directly to the character). Gunshot Wounds and Face/Body Wounds have a blood geoshell where you build LIE onto that. Body Burns is also apply to a geoshell. But the scar packs (face scars, body scars and bruises) apply directly on the character's skin as LIE.

• AgitatedRiotAgitatedRiot Posts: 4,404

Thank you for the explanation.