LAMH Help [Solved]

MilosGulanMilosGulan Posts: 1,955

I was dreaming to make some monster renders and tried to do render with some RawArt characters with LAMH. But it seems I can't make LAMH work again. I am not sure if it is because of new version of DS or I am not doing something right, as I have reinstalled LAMH. I am using DS 4.20 and for example RatMan LAMH loads but it does not render in Iray, but in 3delight it seems it renders though it is only black... I remember I have rendered it before and LAMH worked ok. I am using LAMH this version from Install .exe LAMH Player for DS45 Win64 1.5.15.0 and this zip patch from site LAMH Player for DS45 1.07.00P Beta

Can someone help me to make it work again, please... Here are screenshots...

2022-03-27 20_06_38-DAZ Studio 4.20 Pro.jpg
351 x 382 - 27K
rm iray.png
2002 x 2400 - 1M
rm 3delight.png
2002 x 2400 - 99K
Post edited by MilosGulan on

Comments

• AgitatedRiotAgitatedRiot Posts: 4,404

The free LAMH player renders in 3delight but you need to add lights to see it. You have to have the full Look at My Hair. and LAMH 2 Iray Catalyzer to render in Iray. Unknown if the LAMH 2iray will work for the free player.

Look At My Hair | Daz 3D

LAMH 2 Iray Catalyzer | Daz 3D

You can see the results here Daz 3D

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,312

Note that Catalyzer doesn't work with RawArt products (or any other LAMH products except those by Alessandro_AM which specifically state they have Catalyzer presets).

• MilosGulanMilosGulan Posts: 1,955

Ok, it worked, it was about the light. I added lights and it worked. Thank You so much. Ok, thanks for info, I will try to get it... I am mainly interested in RawArts products, #Delight is ok too, but I will try upgrading with time. Here is new screenshot.

rm 3delight.png
    2002 x 2400 - 369K
  • MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,312

You might find this old thread helpful to see what your options are: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/445686/lamh-look-at-my-hair-and-iray-tutorial

• AgitatedRiotAgitatedRiot Posts: 4,404
    edited March 2022

MelanieL said:

Note that Catalyzer doesn't work with RawArt products (or any other LAMH products except those by Alessandro_AM which specifically state they have Catalyzer presets).

True. Like The Royal Eastern Dragon and such.

Post edited by AgitatedRiot on
  • nelsonsmithnelsonsmith Posts: 1,336

Whenever I first load any creature with LAMH hair they render fine.

If I have to reload the scene the LAMH fur no longer renders,  and when I try to overwrite the presets ( which I am told are actually there ),  I have to find them which is not always possible.  So I'm forced to reload the creature and repose them from scratch.  There has to be a better and more expedient way to do this.