Where can I find a copy of DAZ 4.15 or 4.16 for mac?

Daz 4.20 is having a not so good time on my iMac, so I need to download the older version that was out before this update. The only versions on my purchase history are fom version 2x and 3x.

Where are the older 4x versions stored?

Thanks

Comments

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,387

Older versions are not available for download anymore once a new version is released.

You can try contacting Daz support to ask for a copy, but there's no guarantee they will provide it.

• AndrewJJPAndrewJJP Posts: 657
    edited March 2022

@Leana, pure curiousity, and I know you are just passing this on... Is that something that's happened, i.e support refusing the help a customer get their system working? And if so what is their justification? Do they instead choose to focus on the real problem for example, "Why do you need it? Perhaps we could fix that?"

And the "it's not supported" argument doesn't really come into it for me. I manage a Windows software product, and if it's a recent version, I have no objection to giving it to a customer on the strict understanding that we don't support it. They were running it before presumably, so it doesn't make much difference to me, but it could make all the difference to them. (Ghost lights...?)

Post edited by AndrewJJP on
  • AndrewJJP said:

@Leana, pure curiousity, and I know you are just passing this on... Is that something that's happened, i.e support refusing the help a customer get their system working? And if so what is their justification? Do they instead choose to focus on the real problem for example, "Why do you need it? Perhaps we could fix that?"

And the "it's not supported" argument doesn't really come into it for me. I manage a Windows software product, and if it's a recent version, I have no objection to giving it to a customer on the strict understanding that we don't support it. They were running it before presumably, so it doesn't make much difference to me, but it could make all the difference to them. (Ghost lights...?)

Experience suggests that thinking that "on the strict understanding that we don't support it" will actually be understood is woefully optimistic.

• AndrewJJPAndrewJJP Posts: 657

Richard Haseltine said:

AndrewJJP said:

Experience suggests that thinking that "on the strict understanding that we don't support it" will actually be understood is woefully optimistic.

My experience is that also! I guess we just bat the requests back very quickly: "can you replicate in the latest version?" You get those requests anyway from the people that never upgraded. But it's definitely better to understand why someone wants it and fix that if you have time.