Ivan 7 texture maps missing.

lukon100lukon100 Posts: 792

When I load Ivan7 the HD version, Daz Studio pops up a message saying 4 of the texture maps are missing.

One of the files is: Ivan7_Arms_NM02-1004.tif

Supposed to be in Runtime/Textures/Daz/characters/genesis3/Ivan7/

In that folder I find .png versions of the 4 files, such as: Ivan7_Arms_NM02-1004.png

Why is Daz calling for non-existent .tif versions of .png files?

Is this a symptom of some bug that needs fixing?

Would you recommend I try to direct Daz to use the .png files?

Update: I can't direct Daz to use the .png files. It won't let me change the file type during the "Locate Missing Files" proceedure.

Post edited by lukon100 on

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,866
    edited March 2022

Ivan 7 HD loads fine for me. I think you have an installation/update problem. Ivan 7 was updated to use PNG files instead of TIFF files, in October 2021, because of an Iray change that made some TIFF files not work anymore.

* 2021-10-14 - Converted tiff files to png to fix an Iray issue.

Check to be sure you have the latest Ivan 7 version installed and that you don't have it installed more than once with different install methods.

Edited to add: Be sure to note that I am talking about an update to Ivan 7, not the HD addon. The Ivan 7 product (SKU 30851) has the TIFF vs. PNG update. Ivan 7 HD uses those files from the Ivan 7 product.

Post edited by barbult on
  • lukon100lukon100 Posts: 792

barbult said:

Ivan 7 HD loads fine for me. I think you have an installation/update problem. Ivan 7 was updated to use PNG files instead of TIFF files, in October 2021, because of an Iray change that made some TIFF files not work anymore.

* 2021-10-14 - Converted tiff files to png to fix an Iray issue.

Check to be sure you have the latest Ivan 7 version installed and that you don't have it installed more than once with different install methods.

Edited to add: Be sure to note that I am talking about an update to Ivan 7, not the HD addon. The Ivan 7 product (SKU 30851) has the TIFF vs. PNG update. Ivan 7 HD uses those files from the Ivan 7 product.

Thanks for the explanation, barbult.

Ya, my Ivan7 and HD version both load fine.

But any sceene files containing Ivan7 that were made before the switch from .tif to .png will produce the error message when loaded.

What's the easiest way to update these scene files? Do I gotta uncompress them, put them in a text editor and replace the ".tif" with ".png"?

Ugh! How annoying.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,721

I would load Ivan, then save the textures as a material preset and then when you load the old scene, just apply the preset.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,866
    Why would you even need to save a preset? Ivan 7 comes with material presets. Wouldn't those work for your suggestion?
  • vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,870

Unless you've customized Ivan's textures somehow, all you need to do is to tell Studio to "Stop Asking" when the missing files notice pops up the first time. After the scene loads completely, apply the updated material presets for Ivan. That should replace the old texture references with the new ones. Save the scene to save the new references with the scene. And that should be all you need to do.

How many scene files with Ivan 7 do you have?

• lukon100lukon100 Posts: 792
    edited March 2022

Thanks for your suggestions, folks. Looks like them ways to do it would work just fine.

But I'm still pulling my hair out over how long this is going to take to fix, but not so much because there's a lot of sceene files to fix. There's only about 20 of them. The real hair pulling problem is that any bad reference calls during the opening of a sceene file will trigger another problem I've got with some other figures that are often in these sceene files.

Ya. Some other characters use morphs that have duplicte names in the Daz system, and any other bad reference calls during sceene load will trigger Daz to do a search for all morphs from scratch. And when it searches for the morphs from scratch, it always picks the wrong copy of the morphs. I've removed the actual morph files from my installation, but Daz still has their names and invalid paths in the system and will call those invalid paths during the search from scratch. And when the sceene loads, the implicated characters will be missing the good copies of the morphs, and be all distorted. It makes me have to replace and re-pose those characters in my scene. Adds hours to my process.

Post edited by lukon100 on