How Long Does It take Daz to release VRam?

AgitatedRiotAgitatedRiot Posts: 4,404

How Long Does It take Daz to release VRam? I was wondering how long after you close Daz it would release the VRAM after shutting it down. Voice is low might have to turn up the volume.

Post edited by AgitatedRiot on

Comments

• I can't hear that at all.

I give it a few minutes, if that doesn't work, restarting the computer is a sure fire way to get all programs 'hanging on' turned off.

• AgitatedRiotAgitatedRiot Posts: 4,404

Yea, my mic was set too low you really have to crank it to hear it. It seems to take about 2 minutes.

• I'm working on a gaming laptop, cranked the volume full and it's like a whisper.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013

DS releases the VRAM once it's closed, but closing down may take anything from a few seconds to eternity.

Accidentally stumbled on something that may be the cause for never closing...

I was wondering, why the length of the lashes on G8F didn't stick, and found out that some products had included the lash morphs in the their own morph folders...
    While tracking those I came across a number of products that had done the same with the G8 base morphs as well...
    Removed all those and DS hasn't hanged on closing this whole week.

• AgitatedRiotAgitatedRiot Posts: 4,404

I didn't think it was normal for it to take so long. Again I know computers more than I understand certain software. I have found out this is a strange duck to me and having problems integrating it into my flock of a knowledge base.

• PaintboxPaintbox Posts: 1,633

PerttiA said:

DS releases the VRAM once it's closed, but closing down may take anything from a few seconds to eternity.

Accidentally stumbled on something that may be the cause for never closing...

I was wondering, why the length of the lashes on G8F didn't stick, and found out that some products had included the lash morphs in the their own morph folders...
    While tracking those I came across a number of products that had done the same with the G8 base morphs as well...
    Removed all those and DS hasn't hanged on closing this whole week.

Where are the morph supposed to go? Or can you just delete them. Not sure I completely follow @Perttia !

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013

The structure of the folder tree for morphs is pretty logical, for example the morph for curling the lashes on G8F is located in ...\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Female\Morphs\DAZ 3D\Head\PHMEyelashesCurl.dsf

What I found, was a product where "PHMEyelashesCurl.dsf" and the two other morphs related to the G8F lashes were packaged into the product and placed into ...\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Female\Morphs\[CreatorName]\Morphs\ together with the creator's own morphs. When DS opened a scene with G8F, every second time, it had activated the morph from the correct DAZ folder, but other times the wrong one was activated.
    Once I removed the morphs from the wrong location, the lashes have started remembering their saved values.

I have noticed similar behaviour before, where for example the depth of the face changed on every other render I made, but couldn't track down the cause and malfunctioning morphs, but the lashes were easy as I knew which morphs were having problems.

• PaintboxPaintbox Posts: 1,633

Thanks for explaining, I need to check this as well. Well spotted by the way!