emisssion help

hey all i have a circle i want to set as white emission and i'm trying to get it to render which a slight glow type look (like this example attached)

but when i render it just comes out as a solid white circle, is there a specific setting on the surface section for the circle to get the white emission shader to show a slight glare out like this please ?

i have looked and tried the settings but i cannot seem to see how, any tip would be appreciated

Screenshot 2022-03-24 at 10.17.12.png
540 x 998 - 161K

Comments

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,885

Render Settings -> Filtering -> Bloom Filter. Play with the settings until it looks the way you want it to.

• Gordig said:

Render Settings -> Filtering -> Bloom Filter. Play with the settings until it looks the way you want it to.

thanks Gordig, I did try that but it blurred the whole scene, i just wanted the edge of the circle blurred looking etc 

• robertswwwrobertswww Posts: 790

@gamerhostonline You just need to adjust your Bloom Filter settings until it does not blur the whole scene. I attached a Daz screenshot to show the settings I used.

1. In the Scene tab select your circle (Torus in my example)
    2. In the Surfaces tab set your Emission Color (Neon green in my example)
    3. In the Surfaces tab increase Lunimance (50,000 in my example)
    4. In Render Settings pane/tab, turn "Bloom Filter Enable" to ON
    5. Increase Bloom Filter Radius (0.10 in my example) - NOTE: Too high will blur your whole scene
    6. Decrease Bloom Filter Threshold (500 in my example)

NOTE: I have my Viewport set to NVIDIA Iray for previewing. Sometimes after you make a change in the bloom settings, you need to roll your mouse onto and then off the Viewport window for it to update (after every Bloom settings change).

Bloom-Emission-Test.PNG
    1920 x 1160 - 680K