About Andrey Pestrryakoy Dround decal materials

I got this product and try it : the prop in the scenes , the cut out mask on the prop and the corresponding material on....and i see nothing in rendering

Something i have don't understang

Please a suggestion

Thanks

Comments

• Andrey PestryakovAndrey Pestryakov Posts: 172
    edited March 2022

Decals are displayed only in NVIDIA Iray mode.
    In order for the decal to be displayed, it must be moved to your object, such as your ground, or any other object.

Decal_Iray_1.png
    1169 x 866 - 56K
    Decal_Iray_2.png
    1091 x 846 - 333K
    Post edited by Andrey Pestryakov on
  • MartialMartial Posts: 412

Many thanks

I got it now

• With a single plane i got no problems with your decal materials.

Now i wanted to use it with the ground of a UltraScenery-scene. But... no luck.

Nothing to see.

Any suggestion ?

Many thanks.

• hansolocambohansolocambo Posts: 649
    edited March 2022

rainbud_7f9591930d said:

[...] UltraScenery-scene. But... no luck. Nothing to see.

EDIT : Thanks Richard Haseltine , indeed decals do not depend on UVs even though options seemed to be there in parameters.

I'd advise you to have a look at the bundle "Baby Oh Baby Shaders and Decals". It's really well made. And it helps a lot to understand how iRay decals work. They're very useful and efficient... although very limited as not all Shader options will work (displacement, emission, normal, etc).

Post edited by hansolocambo on
  • hansolocambo said:

rainbud_7f9591930d said:

[...] UltraScenery-scene. But... no luck. Nothing to see.

You can specify how iRay decals are applied. On UV islands. For a torso for example, you'd need to open the torso image in Photoshop. Place a decal where you want on another layer. Then delete the torso layer. And save that decal alone with an empty background as png. Loaded as the iRay decal Base Color, it would then appear in DAZ iRay placed exactly where you want it.

But if you don't use UVs for the precise placement of iRay decals, you'd need to select the Surface you want the iray applied to, then choose the decal (Create > New > iRay Decal Node) and play in the Surface Tab with tiling and/or vertical-horizontal offset values until you get it in the right place (worst option but it's feasible).

I'd advise you to have a look at the bundle "Baby Oh Baby Shaders and Decals". It's really well made. And it helps a lot to understand how iRay decals work. They're very useful and efficient... although very limited as not all Shader options will work (displacement, emission, normal, etc).

Decals are projected onto the mesh - they don't care about UVs.

• For me, i am not professional, it seems to be a problem with the multilayer of the UltraScenery-scene.

There is no way for me to add a decal to the terrain-layer of a multilayer.

Again... any help with this ?

I think this would help many users of UltraScenery to make their renders better.

Many thanks.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,312
    edited March 2022

rainbud_7f9591930d said:

For me, i am not professional, it seems to be a problem with the multilayer of the UltraScenery-scene.

There is no way for me to add a decal to the terrain-layer of a multilayer.

Again... any help with this ?

I think this would help many users of UltraScenery to make their renders better.

Many thanks.

I suggest you take a look at the UltraScenery Experiments and Experiences thread - barbult has just been trying this product out on UltraScenery - see her posts HERE 

ETA: And she is super-helpful if you can't follow her examples and want to ask specific questions there.

Post edited by MelanieL on
  • @ MelanieL: Many thanks for your help.

Barbult shows the solution ;-)

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,312

Ah, great - hope it's working well for you now.