latest daz just freezing with latest IOS

Each time i open daz central i just get the spinning wheel and i cannot do anything except force it to close

is anyone else having this on the latest daz and monterey IOS ??

Comments

• PS i have just re done my imac so its a fresh IOS on SSD 

also why doesn't the content install manager app know i have more than 5 items on my account ??

it should show everything under my account and it doesn't

if i try to click from daz central to install it's impossible as it just keeps freezing up

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,885

I can't help you with the actual problem, but Monterey is MacOS, not iOS.

• Gordig said:

I can't help you with the actual problem, but Monterey is MacOS, not iOS.

yes sorry it's MacOS it's like the first page section of daz central has some bad code, if you click quickly you can get to daz studio to open

but if you do anything like look at other sections it all just freezes, anyhow i have got back most now but not the smoothest of processes :) 

• People seem to be finding Install Manager more reliable in the latest MacOSes https://www.daz3d.com/get_install_manager/

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 4,032

Check your firewall. On my MacBookPro I have to leave it open for DIM and Daz Studio. But after the last MacOS update, I can't even open up Studio. It crashes. I posted in another thread and have reported it to Tech Support.

• the latest daz just crashes on the latest mac OS, how do we reinstall a lower version of daz or are daz looking into this as a priority ? 

• it actually crashes my mac off when adding items to the scene so the devs need to check it asap

• this is part of the log, you can see it just randomly drops DAZ and crashes, it goes from rendering to starting as it crashed imac and it had to be restarted

it does it on either rendering or random when selecting item for scene, 500 items bought from shop but software on mac is unuseable !!

are daz official staff on these forums ? 

this is on a fresh monterey mac OS

Screenshot 2022-03-23 at 13.24.52.png
    1968 x 1626 - 884K
  • That sounds like heat or other hardware-related issue if it is causing a full system crash

• Richard Haseltine said:

That sounds like heat or other hardware-related issue if it is causing a full system crash

it only does this when i'm using daz studio though, if i don't open it my imac functions just fine and never crashes, it's just while using daz studio it just crashes the mac off 

• i edit and work with 4K video editing and when daz studio is NOT open i can work as normal = no issues

when i open & work with or have daz studio open that's when it just randomly crashes and shuts the mac off

• How hard do those make the system work? It's a lot of data, but is it being worked on as intensely and for as long as by the CPU as a render?

• robertswwwrobertswww Posts: 790

@gamerhostonline SInce the Mac only relies on the CPU and system RAM for rendering, this problem can occur if you do not have enough RAM in your Mac to efficiently run both your MacOS and Daz Studio.