Chest and sternum clothing fit issues

I have been hugely enjoying making my own character from the base FG8.1 and have finally got to a point where I am happy. Now I am starting to render and fit clothes I am noticing that nearly all clothing items (dforce or not) do fit the chest and sternum properly. 
My character has smaller than the usual g8.1 breasts (so many characters have breasts that are waaaay too big!) and the rib cage has been lowered a bit. This is exactly what I'm seeing with clothing items, stretch on the y axis on the lower chest and sternum. 
I have tried changing the body UVs on the character but saw little to no change. Does anyone have any other ideas? I would very much like to leave the mesh as is if at all possible. I see that Bluejaunte has some kind of invisible morphs that adjust the chest and sternum for clothing, these would be great but they don't work on the y axis. Would this kind of invisible character morph be what I need? If so can they be made in blender and what term would I search to get a tutorial?

Comments

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,885

UVs won't have any effect on how clothing fits, they're only for applying materials to the figure itself. There are a number of utilities to fix the issues you're having, like Fit Control

• globallyglobally Posts: 122

Gordig said:

UVs won't have any effect on how clothing fits, they're only for applying materials to the figure itself. There are a number of utilities to fix the issues you're having, like Fit Control

thanks so much for your response but that doesn't seem to help much. An amazing array of adjustments but none seem to work just right. I can clearly see the chest adjustments I made, especially with a patterned top, a stretch down on the sides of the ribs and a strectch upwards in the middle on the sternum.

as the adjustments in "fit control" don't quite work, is it possible for me to make my own hidden morphs for the character in blender? My last resort would be to just morph each item in blender when I need them. Any other less time intensive ideas would be great.

• PaintboxPaintbox Posts: 1,633
    edited March 2022

I think Zev0 is working on a projection morph manager, I believe that is the right term of it. So bodies "project" their morph unto clothing and these are usually hidden.

In the meantime you could look into projection morphs and the "auto follow" settings of clothing, there is a way to make em visible in the parameters tab.

Clothes and breasts have always been difficult to make right. Dforce is the best thing that helps sofar.

Post edited by Paintbox on
  • globallyglobally Posts: 122

Paintbox said:

I think Zev0 is working on a projection morph manager, I believe that is the right term of it. So bodies "project" their morph unto clothing and these are usually hidden.

In the meantime you could look into projection morphs and the "auto follow" settings of clothing, there is a way to make em visible in the parameters tab.

Clothes and breasts have always been difficult to make right. Dforce is the best thing that helps sofar.

thank you. "Projection morph" seems to be the key wording that I needed. Ill play around with them later when I get a chance and I very much look forward to Zev0s manager.

• When you dForce are you doing a single-frame simulation (which will start with the morph aplied and so show the stretching) or a playrange, starting with no morph at frame 0 and moving to the final pose and shape at the end? The latter should not suffer the stretching, at least to the same extent.