Can't Insatl Gelatoo Lovers

https://www.daz3d.com/gnbd-gelatoo-lovers

I uninstalled and reinstalled with DIM multiple times. Doesn't show up in Smart content. Downloaded the zip file and tried to instal with Conten Wizard. I got "No User Facing Files were detected in the product" error. This is really, really annoying.

What gives?

Comments

• They're OBJ format, which means they will not show up in smart content. They have to be imported into your scene using the OBJ import options in DS. And I'm sure the textures will have to be applied manually.

• lou_harperlou_harper Posts: 1,161

zombietaggerung said:

They're OBJ format, which means they will not show up in smart content. They have to be imported into your scene using the OBJ import options in DS. And I'm sure the textures will have to be applied manually.

That is nuts! I expect something like that when I buy something from Turbosquid, but somethind sold in the DAZ store should load like all other products.

• IceCrMnIceCrMn Posts: 2,126

You only need to do it once if you save your work.
    Then you will have a prop you can import into any scene.
    If you make custom poses for characters to hold it, I would save those as also. :)

Maybe even save it as a wearable preset.

Not the only obj only product in the store, be careful and read the descriptions fully..
    No, all of the descriptions aren't as useful as they should be, but some are.
    In this case it actually says it's in obj format.
    Very handy if you want to use it in something other than DS as most other software can't use DS native format files.
    None that I can think of at the moment.

• zombietaggerungzombietaggerung Posts: 3,703
    edited March 2022

lou_harper said:

zombietaggerung said:

They're OBJ format, which means they will not show up in smart content. They have to be imported into your scene using the OBJ import options in DS. And I'm sure the textures will have to be applied manually.

That is nuts! I expect something like that when I buy something from Turbosquid, but somethind sold in the DAZ store should load like all other products.

That is unfortunately the way that product is. You can follow IceCrMn's instruction to save it out yourself, or if you bought it within 30 days you can return it and get your money back. If you are looking for ice cream props that are ready to use in DS, I would suggest looking on Renderosity, there are a few sets of ice cream props for DS available there.

Post edited by zombietaggerung on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,866

Return it for a refund and explain why. Here is another forum thread that will have some additional information and suggestions.